PCOCC Speaker Cables $40 - $70 - Sold
« on: 12 Aug 2011, 04:02 am »
Basic Info:
Price $55 Delivered
Left and Right cables are 7.25 feet long
16 gauge X4 per channel
CMC Banana Plugs
Wraped in mesh flex

These are speakers cables that I have made using 16 gauge PCOCC wire.  The left and right channel use 4 wires each and a set uses 60ft of wire in total.  They are terminated with CMC banana plugs and wraped in a flex mesh.  My goal with this project was to create a set of good looking/sounding wires that are relatively inexpensive but would not hold back a decent system.  As they are DIY they are not perfect, for example the 4 wire braid is not 100% perfect but very good.  It took me a lot of time to figure out all the steps involved but I am very happy with the final product.

The wire uses a hybrid geometry of 3 different size wires.  The 2 outer wires are wraped around the large center which is insulated from the other wires.

Here is a link to larger pictures https://picasaweb.google.com/111791796147706152881/PCOCCSpeakerWire#

Additional photos:

Thanks for looking,
Robert
« Last Edit: 18 Aug 2011, 08:18 pm by HT cOz »

wushuliu

Re: PCOCC Speaker Cables $125
« Reply #1 on: 12 Aug 2011, 06:11 am »
Good stuff. Very fair price, especially since it must have taken a bit of work to strip and do the geometry :wink:. Nice job!

HT cOz

Re: PCOCC Speaker Cables $125
« Reply #2 on: 12 Aug 2011, 01:50 pm »
Good stuff. Very fair price, especially since it must have taken a bit of work to strip and do the geometry :wink:. Nice job!

Yes the process of striping the wire from the giant PVC jacket can only be described as painful.  The only reasonably priced source of PCOCC wire was from Belkin a few years ago.  The downside is that it is incased in a super PVC jacket that must be removed if you are to use the wire in multi-strand configurations.  I did not imagine the stripping would be so difficult  :duh: Next was trying to figure out how to use the multi-strands in a smart way which I eventually figured out.

My goal was to build a few cables to sell and cover the cost for my personal pair.  I will discount this first set to $105 as the braid is not perfect on my first attempt.

Thanks,
Robert

HT cOz

Re: PCOCC Speaker Cables $80
« Reply #3 on: 14 Aug 2011, 12:14 pm »
I changed the price to move this cable out.  :thumb: 

HT cOz

Re: PCOCC Speaker Cables $55
« Reply #4 on: 16 Aug 2011, 06:20 pm »
This is my final price reduction and will gift them away if they don't sell.  This is a little less than cost for the parts.  Not to mention that PCOCC wire sells for between $1-$3 these days.  So if you want them jump now  :thumb:

HT cOz

Re: PCOCC Speaker Cables
« Reply #5 on: 18 Aug 2011, 05:17 am »
Here are a few more pictures from my leftover DIY project.

8ft perfect wind $70

Thanks
Robert
« Last Edit: 22 Aug 2011, 07:32 pm by HT cOz »