Do you have any LPs with strange defects?

Wayner

Do you have any LPs with strange defects?
« on: 6 Aug 2011, 08:27 pm »
I have one LP by Depeche Mode that has side one label on both sides, so I have no clue which side is which (too lazy to mark the correct side). I thought this was an odd mistake.

I think there must be more..............

Wayner  8)

orthobiz

Re: Do you have any LPs with strange defects?
« Reply #1 on: 6 Aug 2011, 09:09 pm »
I don't but I have read about the completely wrong album being in the right jacket!

Paul

DaveyW

« Reply #2 on: 7 Aug 2011, 09:27 am »
I've got quite a few oddity's including incorrect/missing labels.

Got a couple where some rogue material has got into the mix and manifested as marks within the vinyl.

I have a variety of off centre spindle holes of which this is the most severe;

It's so far off centre that there's no lead in at all on one side - good job I spotted this before spinning, could have been costly  :evil:

singlemania

« Reply #3 on: 11 Aug 2011, 11:20 am »

As I tend to collect more 45s I've had quite a few weird factory errors. You need a strong stomach to concentrate for long on this offset double printed sleeve, especially the mutations at the top  :wtf:

Minn Mark

« Reply #4 on: 12 Aug 2011, 03:12 pm »
Sorry no photo, but just noticed on LP1 of my Polydor Rory Gallagher Irish Tour set,  has a contered hole, but the label is offset. Never noticed it with the SOTA record clamp on my SOTA Comet, but on my VPI Classic the VPI clamp clearly revealed the offset. I about sh*t !

Mark

marknoir

« Reply #5 on: 12 Aug 2011, 10:38 pm »
I have a US issue Genesis "Foxtrot" with Side 1 on both sides, while labels are correct. What is really odd, and why I didn't notice it when I bought it, is that sides have different mastering with different length of dead wax.

I also have a MoFi Beatles "Help!" that was left somewhere in hot environment and it all sort of melted and warped, so only a few tracks are playable nearer the hole, and with a lot of wow...

Photon46

« Reply #6 on: 13 Aug 2011, 10:51 am »
I've got a MoFI Glinka/Borodin/Mussorgsky record that's perfectly flat but there's an odd slight slump of vinyl on one side that makes a "thump" every time the stylus passes through. It looks stone mint, but doesn't play mint.