Awesome amp for the money

jackman

Awesome amp for the money
« on: 6 Aug 2011, 07:48 pm »
Hey Guys,

I noticed this amp on Audiogon and wanted to recommend it to anyone looking for a great amp for a very little amount of money.  It's a Legacy 432 made by Coda.  I have the same amp (mine is not for sale) and it sounds awesome in 2 channel mode, powering my monitors.  They have really crappy resale (apparently!) and the guys is trying to sell it for $450.  For the money, I can't think of a better amplifier.  It's extremely powerful in 2 channel mode (I believe it's something like 300 wpc) and you can run it in 4 channel mode (150 wpc I believe) or in 3 channel mode as well. 

It is built like a tank and I have owned mine for years without issue.  It runs relatively cool (for an amp that runs partially in class A) and has tons of power.  I was thinking about buying it and selling my Aragon 4004 but I'm too lazy and don't think I have the box for the Aragon.  I paid a lot more for mine (compared to what this guy is asking) and it was worth every penny.  I don't know the seller and can't vouch for the condition of the amp but if it's operational, it's a steal for under $500.  It sold for over $2K when it was new.

http://www.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?ampsmult&1315950794&/Legacy-432-4-channel-amp

Cheers,

J

Noseyears

• Restricted
  • SS-Audio
    • Supreme Sound Audio
Re: Awesome amp for the money
« Reply #1 on: 13 Aug 2011, 12:15 am »
I saw another at AA, probably the same guy...who knows. Sounds interesting, definitely cheap and cheerful.

Cheers!

rajesh

• Live & Let Live
« Reply #2 on: 13 Aug 2011, 12:25 am »
It is sold :|

jackman

« Reply #3 on: 13 Aug 2011, 03:23 am »
I regret nobuying it!!! Great amP for little money. Too late for me.

rajesh

• Live & Let Live
« Reply #4 on: 13 Aug 2011, 05:17 am »
I regret nobuying it!!! Great amP for little money. Too late for me.
Reading your post seeing your forum pic makes for an amusing moment. :lol:
(No offenses mate, just a tougue in cheek comment)

jackman

« Reply #5 on: 14 Aug 2011, 02:17 pm »
Reading your post seeing your forum pic makes for an amusing moment. :lol:
(No offenses mate, just a tougue in cheek comment)

I just noticed that!  It looks like Bron is crying because he lost out on the amp. Hee hee.

Ryan45872

« Reply #6 on: 24 Aug 2011, 08:54 pm »
Hey Guys,

I noticed this amp on Audiogon and wanted to recommend it to anyone looking for a great amp for a very little amount of money.  It's a Legacy 432 made by Coda.  I have the same amp (mine is not for sale) and it sounds awesome in 2 channel mode, powering my monitors.  They have really crappy resale (apparently!) and the guys is trying to sell it for $450.  For the money, I can't think of a better amplifier.  It's extremely powerful in 2 channel mode (I believe it's something like 300 wpc) and you can run it in 4 channel mode (150 wpc I believe) or in 3 channel mode as well. 

It is built like a tank and I have owned mine for years without issue.  It runs relatively cool (for an amp that runs partially in class A) and has tons of power.  I was thinking about buying it and selling my Aragon 4004 but I'm too lazy and don't think I have the box for the Aragon.  I paid a lot more for mine (compared to what this guy is asking) and it was worth every penny.  I don't know the seller and can't vouch for the condition of the amp but if it's operational, it's a steal for under $500.  It sold for over $2K when it was new.

http://www.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?ampsmult&1315950794&/Legacy-432-4-channel-amp

Cheers,

J

Hi Jackman,
I was the guy who bought the amp but the guy turned out to be a LOSER. The whole thing was weird :scratch:. He said he sent it out but I never got it. emailed him a number of times for tracking #'s.He would hardly ever respond. I had to dispute it with paypal. He did issue a pending refund through paypal to my C.C.
Ryan

jackman

« Reply #7 on: 24 Aug 2011, 09:13 pm »
Hi Jackman,
I was the guy who bought the amp but the guy turned out to be a LOSER. The whole thing was weird :scratch:. He said he sent it out but I never got it. emailed him a number of times for tracking #'s.He would hardly ever respond. I had to dispute it with paypal. He did issue a pending refund through paypal to my C.C.
Ryan

Man, I'm really sorry to hear this.  It's always a gamble when you buy something from a private seller.  I was listening to the amp yesterday (mine, not the one for sale) and it sounded awesome with my Series 5 Bamberg speakers.  Really awesome.  I'm going to compare it with my Aragon4004 this weekend for the heck of it.  The Aragon is too big and wont fit in my stereo cabinet.  My IC is too short to reach the Aragon. 

The Coda/Legacy runs relatively cool, even though the first 15 watts or so are class A.   In bridged mode, the Legacy is really powerful and quiet.  I've opened the top and the internals are very nicely laid out.  I've seen them for sale before for reasonable prices.  You should be able to find one for under $600.