I LOVE MY AKSA

Grumpy_Git

I LOVE MY AKSA
« on: 1 Feb 2003, 12:58 am »
So i've finally done it. All told its probably taken a week and I work slowly.

But having replaced a few blown fuses and resistors I'd like to sing the Praises of Hugh and his creation........ But I can't, all because I'm being drowned out by my new baby.

Forget Charlotte Church, this thing really does have the voice of an angel. After only a few hours breaking in I've heard more detail than I thought I ever would, and this is running it off my computer due to a lack of preamp/potentiometer.

The only problem now is that I want to change my whole system to keep up with it. The bass is deep, the mid is sooooooo clean and the topend shimmers like i've been polishing it with my ass for a month.

Thankyou once again Hugh you've made me a happy Man.

Nick.

Ravi

I LOVE MY AKSA
« Reply #1 on: 1 Feb 2003, 01:12 am »
"the mid is sooooooo clean and the topend shimmers like i've been polishing it with my ass for a month. "

Couldn't have said it better myself.  LMAO  :lol:

AKSA

I LOVE MY AKSA
« Reply #2 on: 1 Feb 2003, 10:31 am »
Hi Nick,

What a delightful, figurative image!  Ah, you English are so adept with language.....!

Thank you for posting your impressions;  imagine how it's going to sound when you have a decent source!

Cheers,

Hugh

PSP

I LOVE MY AKSA
« Reply #3 on: 1 Feb 2003, 07:14 pm »
Hi Nick,
You remind me of how I felt when I first heard my 55w AKSA amp... the sound is detailed, very detailed and silky, elegant, refined, and with enormous clout and underlying muscle.  The magic is that this amp does all of these things extremely well, with no compromise, no weak spots  whatsoever to my ears.

Mine has been running for most of a year now, and I must say that familiarity only breeds more respect, more awe for Hugh and his elegant designs.

Peter

Cylon

I LOVE MY AKSA
« Reply #4 on: 3 Feb 2003, 06:17 am »
I'm too busy praying to mine in a prone position to be able to polish it with my ass! However the worst aspect is that I now HAVE to upgrade everything else!

Yep the GK1 is on the shopping list but I'm starting at the Speakers, have just taken delivery of some audax drivers, $700 AU worth and the Hiquphon tweeters should be in my grubby little hands any day now.

Then there's teh CD player to upgrade as well, even thou the Tosh DVD player does a reasonable job....

Grumpy_Git

money makes the world go round!
« Reply #5 on: 3 Feb 2003, 09:20 am »
Well there we go, Hugh is trying singlehandedly to boost the world econemy by getting AKSA owners to keep buying stuff at a time where each of us should be saving our pennies, actually i am saving at the moment but for a GK1!!!

Given that I've got an Arcam cd player and some cheaperthancheap B&W speakers, I'll just stick with building some sort of attenuator setup and source selector for the moment.

Hugh I will still be buying a stage 3 GK1 when theyre out and I have the money so dont worry!, but what relays would you suggest for a home brew source selector??

Nick

AKSA

I LOVE MY AKSA
« Reply #6 on: 3 Feb 2003, 09:55 am »
Hi Nick (I can't bring myself to call you 'Grumpy Git'!),

I like the NAIS Aromats from Matshita.  Gold over silver contacts;  inaudible.  But expensive, like anything decent, dammit.........   :cry:

Cheers,

Hugh