VMPS super Tower 3s just refurbished by Brian Cheney - what are they worth???

jbvries

Hey all.... I have these......

What are they worth? He gave me a number but I wanted to compare it to the community and ask about your best bet on selling them. Thanks in advance for your knowledge.

sorry the pic is sideways.

John Casler

Wow!

What a spectacular pair of speakers :thumb:

They even have the CDWGs on the tweeters :thumb: :thumb:

In all cases the value of such speakers is based on what someone will pay.  Brian is probably your best source of knowledge of what they cost originally and what performance they are capable of now, but ultimately it will come down to finding the right buyer who appreciates their heritage and updated performance.

IF you were to look in the market at comparable speakers of that size and performance, (google Montana, Dunleavy, and Legacy) you will find that they are selling for thousands.

I can't imagine upgrading them like you have and not KEEPING them :scratch:

jbvries

:D

That's nice to hear.

I am actually selling them on behalf of an organization that had them donated to it so we can use the proceeds.

Thank you for your input, much appreciated. Now to figure out how to find a buyer. Luckily I am in the Bay area and I would figure of many places this would be one of the easier spots to find them a new home for a reasonable price.

Tell your friends!  :D

Cheers,
JB

pjchappy

Wire them up and take a listen. . . Maybe you'll be the next one that makes a "donation" to your organization. :thumb:

Paul

John Casler

I would make sure and list them on the local Craig's List.  You can also get a free listing on Audio Asylum, but not as many people see it as Audiogon.

VMPSTowerII

If you still Have the ST-II's available send me and PM or email!

VMPSTowerII

Still looking for a Nice set of ST-III's