Region 2 DVD Player in USA

MikeCTM2

Region 2 DVD Player in USA
« on: 28 Jul 2011, 09:57 pm »
Hi   i get ch. 726 through Dishnetwork  which is German TV.  i just ordered one of my Favorite Shows on DVD through Amazon.de

It just occurred to me, i don't think i'll be able to play the DVDs i receive from Amazon.de on my current DVD player.

Does anyone have or know how to get a Region 2/European   DVD player  for someone living in California?      I haven't been to the 'Circles' in years, but this was the first and only Forum for this i could think of...   before i begin my search.

i appreciate the insight

Mr Peabody

Re: Region 2 DVD Player in USA
« Reply #1 on: 5 Aug 2011, 02:10 am »
LG usually has some all region DVD players, the one I had even played PAL.  If I remember right some Oppo also plays Region 2.  LG would be the cheapest but Oppo gets consistent great reviews, could become your main player.

Phil A

« Reply #2 on: 5 Aug 2011, 02:34 am »
amazon.com has region free DVD players from $30-80.  You could also play the disc with some programs on a PC.  I was given a region 3 DVD last December and was going to either buy a player or use the PC route but my Oppo DV980H I had in the basement only required the input of a 4 digit code to make it region free.

wgscott

« Reply #3 on: 5 Aug 2011, 02:37 am »
I just ripped some region 2 DVDs someone brought from England so we could watch them without having to mess with the DVD player settings.

I used MacDVDRipper.  It warned about the different region, but I ignored the warning.  It worked fine.  The first five rips per computer are free.