Sony XA5400ES Review and customer feedback!

modwright

Sony XA5400ES Review and customer feedback!
« on: 26 Jul 2011, 03:17 pm »
New review by Ryan Coleman in Positive Feedback Online:

http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue56/sony_xa5400.htm

Customer Feedback:
I am pretty much obsessed with the quality of the soundstage that my system presents.  I had nearly a full year with the stock Sony 5400 and it was OK on soundstage, but I thought something was missing on many of my CDs.

Now I know what a great soundstage sounds like!  Your mod places the performers in their exact positions and they are rock solid.    One of my favorite CDs is Clapton/Cale "Road to Escondido", but I always had trouble figuring out exactly where the two performers were on the soundstage and which guitar solo I was hearing, Cale or Clapton.  NO mystery anymore!    EC is slightly left of center and JJ is slightly to the right of center and so are their guitars!  It is so satisfying to hear them play and sing inside a realistic soundstage. - D. Drake, July 25, 2011

I want to thank Ryan for a very thorough and well written review.

Thank you Mr. Drake for sharing your feedback!

Sincerely,

Dan W.
« Last Edit: 10 Mar 2014, 05:28 pm by modwright »

roadkingraw

Re: Sony XA5400ES Review and customer feedback!
« Reply #1 on: 27 Jul 2011, 01:38 pm »
What a fantastic review that was attached.  This guy really dug into the modified Sony Dan.  You should hold your head high with this.  While there was some concerns, the reviewer let the reader know how to get the best from the player.  As I already knew, great job Dan!
Randy Wilson

Wig

« Reply #2 on: 27 Jul 2011, 06:23 pm »
The review was spot-on! My impression of the ModWright 5400 player were the same and it is a fantastic unit and I'm enjoying the best analog sound I've ever heard. I have found the NOS Sylvania GTB Chrome Domes to be better than the Sophia at a much lower price, more precise in image placement, ambiance and overall sound quality.

Wig :thumb:
« Last Edit: 27 Jul 2011, 09:48 pm by Wig »

modwright

« Reply #3 on: 29 Jul 2011, 04:05 am »
Thank you gentlemen.  I agree that the review was thorough, accurate and well thought out.  I feel that it gave an accurate overall picture of the unit.

I will share more feedback as it comes in.

Thanks,

Dan W.

Brian Cheney

• http://www.vmpsaudio.com
« Reply #4 on: 2 Dec 2011, 05:30 pm »
I thought the MW Modders should know we will use the MW Sony 5400ES as an SACD source and transport at CES, Flamingo Hotel Lake Mead Ballroom, Jan 10-13.  We have yet to find a better sounding CD player.  If you're in Vegas for The Show, please drop by.