FS: Ack dAck! 2.0 DAC with ultra-resolution upgrade

balanceofpower

FS: Ack dAck! 2.0 DAC with ultra-resolution upgrade
« on: 22 Jul 2011, 08:34 pm »
Hi all,

Up for sale is my Ack! Industries "non oversampling" DAC. As stated in the subject line, it is version 2.0 with the ultra-resolution upgrade which uses superior capacitors over the stock version. Everything I initially purchased with the DAC is still here - the DAC itself, power charger, digital cable, and a print-out of the service manual. Works like a charm and sounds great.

It's a very solid DAC for the money and there have been numerous raves and reviews over the years on this board, audiogon, among others. It's compared favorably to other DACs beyond its price class.

Further information can be found on Ack's website: http://www.ack-industries.com/dAck!.html

$500 OBO plus shipping.

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
Re: FS: Ack dAck! 2.0 DAC with ultra-resolution upgrade
« Reply #1 on: 14 Aug 2011, 04:02 pm »
I had one of those years ago, very nice piece (well built, sounded very fine).  But I moved away from the battery thing.

balanceofpower

« Reply #2 on: 8 Sep 2011, 02:43 pm »
It is indeed a lovely DAC!

Still available. :)

balanceofpower

« Reply #3 on: 29 Oct 2011, 09:45 pm »
Final price drop: $450.

This includes shipping, delivery tracking, and insurance.

I'll also add that the battery is still in good working shape and the digital cable included was a $100 upgrade through Ack Industries. I invested a total of $980 plus shipping into the DAC and it's performed very well. :)