One more week til "Master & Commander"

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« on: 13 Apr 2004, 05:53 am »
I'm really anxious for this one- I missed it in the theater.  All the reviews I've read were very positive, and it's hard to see how it could go wrong.  Hope the DVD itself is a good one.  I need something to deodorize the room after "The Matrix 3".  :wink:

Hope Marbles like it more than I did...

claud

« Reply #1 on: 13 Apr 2004, 12:29 pm »
I have read the whole series, and saw the movie. Although I liked the movie, I was pissed that they started the series (I hope) in the middle. The first book is a killer and you get a better flavor for the characters. I'll be in line behind you to buy this DVD.

Russtafarian

• Typical reaction to the music I play
« Reply #2 on: 13 Apr 2004, 03:53 pm »
Haven't read the book but really liked the movie.  I'll never again be able to listen to Barber's Adagio for Strings without remembering that scene.

EchiDna

« Reply #3 on: 19 Apr 2004, 07:13 am »
hehe I've had the DVD for a few weeks already ;-)

shop quality....  er dubious origins ;-)

Mathew_M

« Reply #4 on: 19 Apr 2004, 02:14 pm »
Really good film.   I think your average joe/jane enjoyed it for the most part but the ambiguous ending was a turn off.   Little do most of them know that the film is based off a series of novels and that the director, Peter Weir often ends his films in the middle of a beat.  

One thing to note and I'm not sure if this will become a trend is the dual release of the special edition and regular release at the same time.  I guess the studios are finally figuring out that most don't watch/care about the extras and the aficionados are guilable enough spend double.  That's the problem, places like Best Buy will discount the regular edition but not the special one.