Fiio E11 Portable Headphone Amp

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
Fiio E11 Portable Headphone Amp
« on: 21 Jul 2011, 06:47 pm »
Fiio really knows how to do this hobby, make some money, put out excellent product after excellent product, and charge amazingly LOW prices. I took delivery today on the latest Fiio creation an E11 Headphone amp....

Its rechargeable, is the same size as a pack of smokes, and sounds just outstanding,

did I mention it was only $65....amazing. If your in need of a portable headphone amp check it out.
http://www.miccastore.com/fiio-e11-portable-headphone-amplifier-black-p-50.html

Noseyears

• Restricted
  • SS-Audio
    • Supreme Sound Audio
Re: Fiio E11 Portable Headphone Amp
« Reply #1 on: 21 Jul 2011, 10:31 pm »
Awesome. I always wanted to have my hands on it, now you have a powerful portable for your hp's.
Good buy Ed!  :thumb:

eclein

• Volunteer
« Reply #2 on: 21 Jul 2011, 11:41 pm »
I have had it playing all afternoon and I'm very impressed....how does Fiio do it??? Or is everybody else over charging the public??? They are coming out with a DAP also soon that may equal the HM601,801 series I'm told.....

Noseyears

• Restricted
  • SS-Audio
    • Supreme Sound Audio
« Reply #3 on: 25 Jul 2011, 11:02 pm »
Im wondering how it compares to the E7 in terms of driving power? From what i know you own the E5, how much improvement you got by upgrading to the E11?

eclein

• Volunteer
« Reply #4 on: 26 Jul 2011, 12:33 am »
The E5 made me aware that a headphone amp was indeed a very good thing to add, the E5 is one of, if not THE ONE greatest bang for your buck portable headphone accessory out there. The E11 takes that a few levels up, I've chosen to listen to it over every other option I own since the day it was delivered. Fiio knows how to make sweet sounding and great looking gear, they develop it and get it out there quick and they see no need to charge more than whats appropriate based on each items cost, in other words they seem to be looking long term when others are trying for the big hit and then to snatch and grab every penny they can....this is just my opinion and mine only. Every new idea is a solid contender if not an outright winner in whatever category they choose. The new X3 DAP they are developing may really solidify their position in the marketplace, but hey I could be wrong!!

In otherwords from E5 to E11 was a big improvement, more power, better eq(bass boost), they are both great with battery life compared to size. Fuller sound, again like with E5 the signal is expanded, fuller from the inside out not just louder.
« Last Edit: 26 Jul 2011, 02:10 pm by eclein »

Noseyears

• Restricted
  • SS-Audio
    • Supreme Sound Audio
« Reply #5 on: 29 Jul 2011, 11:00 pm »
In otherwords from E5 to E11 was a big improvement, more power, better eq(bass boost), they are both great with battery life compared to size. Fuller sound, again like with E5 the signal is expanded, fuller from the inside out not just louder.

Yes, thats what i expected. After doing some reading at HF, i can see that this little amp is able to drive some of the most demanding headphones.

Thanks Ed.  :thumb: