Pair GE 5-Star 5687 Vacuum Tubes 1964 Believed NOS - SOLD

baileyler

Pair GE 5-Star 5687 Vacuum Tubes 1964 Believed NOS - SOLD

PLEASE MAKE SURE TO READ MY TERMS AND CONDITIONS (BELOW) CAREFULLY BEFORE PURCHASE.

This is for a group of two General Electric 5-Star branded 5867 vacuum tubes in original boxes. 

Both tubes have black plates, 2 internal supports and a halo getter. 

The boxes for these tubes do show signs of being stored under humid conditions (water stains, somewhat brittle), but this does not seem to have affected the tubes in any way other than the printing, which is spotty on both of the tubes.  One of the tubes still shows part of the date code (64), but clearly both of these tubes are from the same time period.

From all indications, these clearly appear to be NOS (“new” old stock).

I would note that all of these tubes do show some discoloration on the top flashing; however, this is a normal condition and very common on NOS tubes of this type.

These were tested on my Weston 981 III; however, the 5687 setting on the roll chart of the Weston does not appear to be right so I borrowed a setting from a Heathkit TT-1 (which is based on the Weston 981).  The min. for this setting is 1340 (65%).  The results are as follows:

#1   2450/2400
#2   2400/2350

Both tubes were clean for shorts and leakage. 

I can provide additional information or pictures upon request.

GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS – PLEASE READ CAREFULLY

Please note that these tubes are being sold ‘AS IS’, but I will guarantee against a DOA tube (does not work at all).  In such event, I will refund purchase price less shipping upon return of the tubes in the same condition as sent.

I ONLY describe what I know about the tubes, and what I have tested for.  Although my tube testers tend to be reliable, YOUR TUBE TESTER MAY GIVE A DIFFERENT RESULT THAN MINE, so please take that into account.  If the information is not there, DO NOT ASSUME, and do not rely on any of YOUR assumptions.  If you need more information than provided in the listing, ASK IN ADVANCE.  If I happen to have the information, I will provide it.  If I can get the information in a reasonable way, I will get it.  If I do not call a tube NOS, consider that tube used.  I do the best I can with very limited time and capabilities.  I am an honest seller, but I am NOT a tube professional, and I am NOT in the tube business.

AS SUCH, PLEASE NOTE THAT I CANNOT GUARANTEE (OR EVEN REMOTELY PREDICT) HOW THESE TUBES WILL SOUND OR PERFORM IN YOUR EQUIPMENT.  THE TEST RESULTS ARE ONLY PROVIDED AS AN INDICATION OF TUBE PERFORMANCE IN A VERY LIMITED (AND NON-IDEAL) ENVIRONMENT.  OTHER THAN AS SET FORTH ABOVE, I EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY LIABILITY WITH RESPECT TO THESE TUBES OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR USE OF THEM.

Shipping in the USA via US Postal Priority Mail is included, although insurance if desired will be extra.  If you are outside the USA, or wish to use a different shipping method, contact me for a shipping quote.

Money order/cashiers check/personal check preferred, but all (other than US Postal money orders) must clear my bank first. 

I also accept Paypal for convenience (but add 3% to the total for USA, and 4% to the total everywhere else).  IF YOU PAY VIA PAYPAL, HOWEVER, A CONDITION OF YOUR PAYMENT IS THAT YOU EXPRESSLY WAIVE THE RIGHT TO FILE A PAYPAL CLAIM OR CHARGE BACK (but do retain the right to sue me in court should you so desire). 

IF YOU ARE NOT WILLING TO ACCEPT EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THE ABOVE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, DO NOT CONTACT ME AND DO NOT PURCHASE THESE TUBES.  NO EXCEPTIONS!

Please check my feedback on Audiogon, Videogon and Ebay (ID=baileyler) and buy with confidence.

« Last Edit: 27 Aug 2011, 07:39 pm by baileyler »