This is suppose to flatten warped records.....

vinyl_lady

Re: This is suppose to flatten warped records.....
« Reply #60 on: 22 Jan 2012, 07:54 pm »
And when I spoke to Vinyl Flat earlier, they also said that some records may take mulitple sessions. IIRC, multiple sessions in the Vinyl Flat were preferable to just extending time in the pouch. May be worth a phone call to them if the documentation doesn't cover this.

Thanks. The directions say to start at 4 hours with a 130g record or less and 4.5 hours for heavier records. The instructions also recommend repeating the procedure and increasing the time by 30 minutes if the warp is not reduced to a playable level the first time.

DaveyW

« Reply #61 on: 23 Jan 2012, 06:30 pm »
Really pleased to hear you're all getting results with this piece of kit  :thumb:
I was a little worried for you after my home brewed exploits led to nought.
Good stuff!

orthobiz

« Reply #62 on: 29 Jan 2012, 10:35 pm »
I took an unplayable ELP Trilogy and tamed the warp enough to make it playable. My first YouTube post ever.

Paul

orthobiz

« Reply #63 on: 29 Jan 2012, 10:40 pm »
I took an unplayable ELP Trilogy and tamed the warp enough to make it playable. My first YouTube post ever.

Before
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wB3pzVO9zr0&feature=youtube_gdata_player

After
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJLeHOejxUg&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Paul

pumpkinman

• A Kind Word Is an Easy Gift To Give
« Reply #64 on: 29 Jan 2012, 10:41 pm »

Paul

How about a link Paul

Damn you beat me to it

orthobiz

« Reply #65 on: 29 Jan 2012, 10:44 pm »
How about a link Paul

Damn you beat me to it

I'm just honored that you hang on my every typed character!

It looks much worse on the video than in person. This thing was so warped that my VPI could not track even if I used the periphery ring.

Paul

orthobiz

« Reply #66 on: 3 Feb 2012, 10:22 am »
Update: my daughter's Dead Milkmen disc did not become playable after 4.5 hours in the Vinyl Flat. Hard to tell if it is improved much, I did not do before and after videos.

Paul

vinyl_lady

« Reply #67 on: 3 Feb 2012, 02:59 pm »
Update: my daughter's Dead Milkmen disc did not become playable after 4.5 hours in the Vinyl Flat. Hard to tell if it is improved much, I did not do before and after videos.

Paul

According to the directions, do it again and add 30 minutes. That's what did with a copy of Nuclear Furniture.

roscoeiii

« Reply #68 on: 3 Feb 2012, 03:09 pm »
And again, I'd give vinyl flat a call for extra tips if you still can't get it sorted...

orthobiz

« Reply #69 on: 3 Feb 2012, 11:32 pm »
I will flatten again. I am a patient person...

Paul

WntrMute2

« Reply #70 on: 19 Feb 2012, 06:07 am »
Here are some clips of the unit in question.  A guy sent me a very warped copy of Aja to experiment on.  I tried my usual 8 hours - better, but not good enough.  I then tried 12 hours with not much improvement.  24 hours almost had it flat and I then tried the whole weekend at 48 hours with a 12 hour cool down.  Take a look at the results.  Not perfect but certainly pretty good.  Plays quite nicely too.
Dave

http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y57/WntrMute2/Video/

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #71 on: 22 May 2012, 04:04 pm »
  Tried putting the LP in between two pieces of polished plate glass 1/2 " th. Let it sit a couple of weeks and it was flat. Go figure.  :thumb:

charles
SMA

What is your success rate?

orthobiz

« Reply #72 on: 22 May 2012, 11:50 pm »
Here are some clips of the unit in question.  A guy sent me a very warped copy of Aja to experiment on.  I tried my usual 8 hours - better, but not good enough.  I then tried 12 hours with not much improvement.  24 hours almost had it flat and I then tried the whole weekend at 48 hours with a 12 hour cool down.  Take a look at the results.  Not perfect but certainly pretty good.  Plays quite nicely too.
Dave

Great result. Was that a weekend in the Groovy Pouch or in the oven?

Paul

vortrex

« Reply #73 on: 5 Jan 2013, 07:28 pm »
I'm having great success with my Vinyl Flat.  a new album showed up in this horribly warped condition.  4hrs in the pouch and it is good as new!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDkk37sMuws

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kP-K97DJ0w

J-Pak

« Reply #74 on: 8 Jan 2013, 04:26 pm »
Now that people have had these a while, do you find the vinyl stays flat after successfully being flattened in the device? Or does it revert back to being warped?

WntrMute2

« Reply #75 on: 20 Jan 2013, 03:18 am »
Now that people have had these a while, do you find the vinyl stays flat after successfully being flattened in the device? Or does it revert back to being warped?

I've had mine over a year and I just played the first record I flattened.  Looked perfect!