Y Connectors

larevoj

Y Connectors
« on: 14 Jul 2011, 07:55 am »
Guys, have any of you tried using a Y connectors to split your balance/XLR BP26 preamp out? I am thinking of driving separate amplifier using that and perhaps this  http://www.puristaudiodesign.com/products/accessories/adapters.htm will do the job since its an adaptor with no cable in between with less chance to degrade the sound further. Would the volume drop using a Y connector??  :scratch: I think some folks use this method for biamp??

BrysTony

Re: Y Connectors
« Reply #1 on: 14 Jul 2011, 11:38 am »
Guys, have any of you tried using a Y connectors to split your balance/XLR BP26 preamp out? I am thinking of driving separate amplifier using that and perhaps this  http://www.puristaudiodesign.com/products/accessories/adapters.htm will do the job since its an adaptor with no cable in between with less chance to degrade the sound further. Would the volume drop using a Y connector??  :scratch: I think some folks use this method for biamp??

I have not tried an XLR adapter but I do use the BP-26 XLR output in my main system and the single-ended output to drive a separate amplifier hooked up to speakers on my patio.  That arrangement works fine whether using both simultaneously or either individually.

Tony

drummermitchell

« Reply #2 on: 14 Jul 2011, 12:58 pm »
I have Y's out of my 26 going to my 28's and R+L two subs,works for me.

SHV

« Reply #3 on: 14 Jul 2011, 01:19 pm »

drummermitchell

« Reply #4 on: 14 Jul 2011, 01:42 pm »
Looking at those XLR's(Larger image)it looks as though the pins aren't gold plated.
I  wonder what effect that has on the signal :scratch:.
Awhile ago I picked up some pro Y's from L+M and I took them back as they had the same type of coating on them and they were low price also(not that it matters).
I believe all bryston inputs and outputs are gold plated,soooo I use Bryston's own XLR's(pins are gold plated).

larevoj

« Reply #5 on: 14 Jul 2011, 02:37 pm »
Looking at those XLR's(Larger image)it looks as though the pins aren't gold plated.
I  wonder what effect that has on the signal :scratch:.
Awhile ago I picked up some pro Y's from L+M and I took them back as they had the same type of coating on them and they were low price also(not that it matters).
I believe all bryston inputs and outputs are gold plated,soooo I use Bryston's own XLR's(pins are gold plated).

Hmm...I am sure material different will have an effect on sound. I tried silver cables on my source and the sound is a big difference as compared to copper wires. I doubt if will have any negative or damage to connections though.

I suggested the adapters so there are no wires when splitting into two and with minimal effects to the sound. I may take BrysTony suggestion and use RCA instead since its straight from the tap with nothing in between but I thought would be nice to have balance connection.

Still thinking...  :?

nikon

« Reply #6 on: 14 Jul 2011, 02:40 pm »
drummermitchell

Are you using Bryston XLR Y cables or another manufacturer ?

drummermitchell

« Reply #7 on: 14 Jul 2011, 11:40 pm »
Using all Bryston cables throughout.I use to use all Cardas GRC's,I found them to dark sounding.
The Bryston's are quite a bit more like a live event,more liveliness,makes you wanna party(for one).

Robert D

« Reply #8 on: 15 Jul 2011, 01:02 am »
Using all Bryston cables throughout.I use to use all Cardas GRC's,I found them to dark sounding.
The Bryston's are quite a bit more like a live event,more liveliness,makes you wanna party(for one).

Did I hear Party  :D :thumb: :thumb:

Robert

drummermitchell

« Reply #9 on: 15 Jul 2011, 01:16 am »
ALL NIGHT LONG,how's she going Robert.