6C33C - Where to buy these?

rockadanny

6C33C - Where to buy these?
« on: 8 Jul 2011, 03:14 am »
In the past I've ordered from PartsConnexion, tested, around $40, but they are out of stock. thetubestore.com is out of stock as well. That about exhausts my reliable sources. I've looked at gstube.com and corresponded with "Anton", but to buy he requires either Western Union (sent to his "wife's" name for some reason) or bank transfer, neither sounding too safe to me.

Anyone order from gstube.com? If so, what pay options were you given and how did you pay?

Any suggestions for other reliable sources?

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: 6C33C - Where to buy these?
« Reply #1 on: 8 Jul 2011, 03:56 am »
Mr.Anton is a reliable seller, very praised in Audiogon.
I use MooneyBookers transfer, the fee is low 4%, to brazilian standards,
the WesternUnion transfers fee is absurd high at 17%...

I already buy from him four times, not complaint, I have ordered 6C33 SVETLANAs and GM70s tubes, delivery time was fast to my country, package was safe, maybe I will ordered again next month, as the prices are good.

Seller terms are good, however to exchange of defective valve one should return the defective item to Moscow.

jeffreybehr

• Volunteer
« Reply #2 on: 8 Jul 2011, 05:04 am »
I recently bought 2-dozen 6H13Cs (6AS7Gs) from siberian-market, the eBay seller of this ad.
http://cgi.ebay.com/6S33S-V-6C33C-B-Triode-tube-Ulyanov-NOS-1980s-/270722880566?pt=Vintage_Electronics_R2&hash=item3f08575436

The tubes that arrived were exactly as described, well packed, and arrived in less time than estimated.  You might try his 6C33Cs.

And after seeing prices of 6C33Cs rise LOTS the last few years, I'm VERY glad that Ralph Karsten did not convert his OTL amps to 6C33Cs.   :D

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #3 on: 8 Jul 2011, 07:21 am »
Just add:
Mr.Anton is the owner of GSTUBE shop, in the past I sent the money in US dollars, but recently due to bank dollar/Euro rate, he no more accept dollars, only Euros.
So in the my last purchase I was asked to send the value in Euros.
As Anton is the owner and the seller it is OK to me.

bunky

« Reply #4 on: 10 Jul 2011, 12:25 pm »
I have a NOS Quad of very rare 1960's Russian Military Winged C Svetlana 6C33-B coming from Siberian Market very soon.i used to buy my ulyanov 6C33-B's from a Guy named Anthony Welsh in the UK for $15.00 a pop but he fell off of the face of the earth

BobMajor

« Reply #5 on: 10 Jul 2011, 02:04 pm »
Winged C 6C33C are excellent tubes. I found them to beat 1971 Ulianov tubes by a small amount. I got them on Audiogon for about $60 per tube.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #6 on: 11 Jul 2011, 04:59 am »
Gulp!! 60 Obamas for one 6C33 is expensive, even on the Boutique shop prices Upscale audio it is $49 (was $40 in 2010), but it is fully tested.
I prefer pay 11 Euros at GSTube for Ulyanov, Svetlana is 15 euros.
http://www.upscaleaudio.com/tubes/misc-power/6c33.html

rockadanny

« Reply #7 on: 11 Jul 2011, 10:14 pm »
I will try to order Svetlanas from Anton (www.gstube.com), Moscow, Russia. I'll let y'all know how it goes.
Thank you all for your input.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #8 on: 13 Jul 2011, 03:46 am »
I will try to order Svetlanas from Anton (www.gstube.com), Moscow, Russia. I'll let y'all know how it goes.
Thank you all for your input.
OK, good news.  I thankyou in advance your opinion about the sound quality of the tubes.
What I suspect will be great.

bunky

« Reply #9 on: 13 Jul 2011, 09:31 pm »
Winged C 6C33C are excellent tubes. I found them to beat 1971 Ulianov tubes by a small amount. I got them on Audiogon for about $60 per tube.
I paid just under $31.00 a pop for the Winged C 6C33-B but they are extremely rare and i wanted a pair for my SET amp and a set of spares.if i like them maybe i will buy another spare pair from  www.gstube.com

cityjim

« Reply #10 on: 14 Aug 2011, 07:17 pm »
 Vladimir at Audio Mirror has them. Tested and quiet for peanuts.

cityjim

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #11 on: 15 Aug 2011, 12:30 pm »
Vladimir at Audio Mirror has them. Tested and quiet for peanuts.

cityjim
Any price info??

rockadanny

« Reply #12 on: 15 Aug 2011, 12:50 pm »
I just received shipment of four Svetlanas from Anton at gstube.com (ended up totalling around $120 as the Svetlanas were slightly more expensive than the others).
Sent money via Western Union a few seeks ago and they showed up as promised.
I'll buy from Anton again with no worries.
Thanks for all of the suggestions.

Bemopti123

« Reply #13 on: 15 Aug 2011, 01:17 pm »
No to hijack this thread, but I browsed the GS tube pages and I found these....

http://www.gstube.com/catalog/3/

What is the purpose of CRT tubes as he sells them here?  Is this to replace some common display of older electronics equipment?  Is there such a thing as an audio application for them?  They look really interesting. 

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #14 on: 15 Aug 2011, 01:22 pm »
Indeed GSTUBE sells some specialty parts as these Geiger counters, Neutron counters...
http://www.gstube.com/catalog/9/

Great shop

bunky

« Reply #15 on: 17 Sep 2011, 08:18 pm »
I bought a 1986 pair of NOS Ulianovsk 6C33-B's with matching date codes from a seller in the Ukraine named electrikua with a !00% Ebay rating for $15.00 each.i have never seen 6C33-B tubes with getter material extending as far down from the top of the tube as this pair. the getter comes down 1 3/8 " from the top of these tubes. great tubes from a excellent Seller  :thumb:

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #16 on: 17 Sep 2011, 09:17 pm »
Bunky:
Very interesting.  Do you can post a image from this tube??

doug s.

• makin' music
« Reply #17 on: 17 Sep 2011, 10:27 pm »
Bunky:
Very interesting.  Do you can post a image from this tube??
it would have been faster for you to do this yourself...   :wink:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/electrikua/m.html?_nkw=6c33c&_sacat=0&_odkw=&_osacat=0&_trksid=p3911.c0.m270.l1313

doug s.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #18 on: 17 Sep 2011, 10:51 pm »
OK, thankyou for the link.  The getter of these tubes on the vendor page seems the usual size on Ulyanov 6C33 tubes,
that had the getter til/near the mica hat.
As see on this image below. Thanks