Anybody have a Galaxy Tab 10.1 yet??

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
Anybody have a Galaxy Tab 10.1 yet??
« on: 2 Jul 2011, 09:05 pm »
Thinking this might be the one I get does anybody have one yet? Thoughts??? TY

shep

Re: Anybody have a Galaxy Tab 10.1 yet??
« Reply #1 on: 2 Jul 2011, 11:42 pm »
No but I do have the smaller model and it is a gem. I assume the larger one will be as well.

sleepysurf

• Member of the Suncoast Audiophile Society
    • Suncoast Audiophile Society
« Reply #2 on: 2 Jul 2011, 11:52 pm »
I'm seriously thinking about the HP WebOS Touchpad, as Squeezebox Control XL is about to be released for it.  Seems most of the REAL WORLD users thus far are finding it much snappier and useable than most of the early reviews suggested, and HP has promised to rapidly push out over-the-air updates to address any remaining v. 1.0 software issues.  While I don't expect the "Beats Audio" to be audiophile quality, I look forward to streaming Pandora while multitasking other apps.

eclein

• Volunteer
« Reply #3 on: 4 Jul 2011, 12:43 am »
I think I'm definitely getting the 10.1, its so cool and sleek looking- for one. Every review I have read is extremely positive-two, and -three it doesn't need itunes...LOL!!!!! :wink:

Rocket

« Reply #4 on: 4 Jul 2011, 11:17 am »
Hi,

I've had the samsung galaxy 10.1 for six months.  I wish I'd bought the ipad though and I just find the screen too small to surf and the apps are of no use. 

Regards

Rod

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #5 on: 4 Jul 2011, 11:24 am »
Love my iPad.....

eclein

• Volunteer
« Reply #6 on: 4 Jul 2011, 12:29 pm »
Rod you must be thinking of the 7" version, the new one which has only been out a few weeks if that, is 10" (actually 9.7") and is getting an update very shortly that gives it Swype.
 Swype is a new app that I've been lucky enough to have been testing for the past 6 months that makes typing on a virtual keyboard a lot easier. You simply put your finger on the first letter to be typed and while continuously keeping your finger on the screen run it to the next characters in the word you want to type and once you've traced your way through all the letters you want in that word you lift your finger and the word you were tracing out is shown, its so easy once you start using it its like caveman days going back to normal typing. I can only speak for myself but this app alone, Swype, is a great way to streamline typing which I've never enjoyed.

Rocket

« Reply #7 on: 4 Jul 2011, 11:12 pm »
Hi,

Sorry wasn't aware that there is a newer version. 

Regards

Rod

eclein

• Volunteer
« Reply #8 on: 5 Jul 2011, 12:00 am »
No problem Ron, I'm glad you posted about your Galaxy. Its good to have all the info we can get.

TONEPUB

« Reply #9 on: 5 Jul 2011, 12:57 am »
After using the 7" Galaxy for some time along with an iPad, the Galaxy is still a bit clunky.  Everything that takes one click and is highly intuitive on the iPad, takes 2-4 clicks on the Galaxy.  The Galaxy has about three hours less battery life than the iPad and honestly, iTunes is the main reason I love the iPad.  It's great to load up a season of my favorite show before jumping on a plane to Europe and NOT running out of batteries somewhere over the Atlantic.

That being said, the Galaxy is a great Kindle and it has a few fun apps that the iPad does not. And the Galaxy has somewhat snappier internet performance, so it's kind of a toss up.  Just like the Mac vs. Windows thing, I use both and they coexist just fine.

I'm sure the bigger screen will be a welcome improvement.