VR 35 Export Deluxe review at Enjoy the Music

ceedee

• Industry Participant
    • Musical Reality
VR 35 Export Deluxe review at Enjoy the Music
« on: 30 Jun 2011, 07:13 am »
Hello to you all,

Here is a link to a nice story about the VR 35 Export Deluxe.

http://www.enjoythemusic.com/superioraudio/equipment/0711/von_schweikert_vr_35_export_deluxe.htm

Enjoy.

Cor

rlw3

Re: VR 35 Export Deluxe review at Enjoy the Music
« Reply #1 on: 13 Jul 2011, 09:58 pm »
When I bought a vr 35 last October Albert said let me know what you think of it. I was about to change rooms  in January to a more symetrical one and decided to judge after the room change and the speakers were broken in. Then it took me another  3 months to treat the room so it was resonably good. During all these months the speaker seemed dark to me where i liked the bottom half of the music spectrum much more more than the mid to highs. I wondered if this was because my former speakers had a supertweeter, but i thought it was more likely bad interaction with other components. Was it my cherished cj act2.2 preamp, my sim w7 amp or the speakers themselves? Well it turns out the ic's i had were the problem. i have auditioned some jps audio sc2 and sc3 ic's and they turned on the highs in a way i thought impossible. Moral of story: watch out what you assume to be the problem and  blame. :D

zugisland

« Reply #2 on: 14 Jul 2011, 02:07 pm »
So what speakers did you have prior and ...how much more banfg for the buck did the VR #5s give you in all areas?  thanks

rlw3

« Reply #3 on: 15 Jul 2011, 06:07 pm »
i had reference 3a grand veenas which seem to need a lot of room. my previous room allowed me to sit only about 8 feet away. i think the problem stems from the physical distance the mid range is away from tweeters that you need a lot of distance to get a proper blending.the agon buyer had a much bigger room and still wished he had more space. my 35s seem much more capable of doing both  rude rock and subtle vocals. they also seem to like a "normal" 18x13x8 space although i wish i had 2 more feet of  width

zugisland

« Reply #4 on: 15 Jul 2011, 06:36 pm »
Thanks i currently have Dali Helicon 800 MK1..which I have loved now for almost 4 years,,so i guees im getting the 4 year itch for something new....and am getting sent a pair of VR-35 's in silver to audition. Im excited since I think even though the new price points are similiar I think from what ive read and talked to people about the VR 35 gives you significant price/perfromance boost upwards for the money...BTW i have heard the Grand Veena in a showroom in Canada ( since i live right across the bordder) ..and didnt think they sounded better then my Helicons which are priced below the GV...Anyway your feedback is most welcome..thanks Vic