Fuse for Ref 18

worldcat

Fuse for Ref 18
« on: 28 Jun 2011, 06:19 pm »
If your using directional fuses for Ref 18 which way should they go in?

nuforce-casey

• Industry Participant
Re: Fuse for Ref 18
« Reply #1 on: 28 Jun 2011, 11:10 pm »
The fuses are not directional.  I am not personally convinced that 'audiophile' fuses improve sound, they just changed the sound here and there, so you have to see whether you like the results.

worldcat

« Reply #2 on: 30 Jun 2011, 01:52 pm »
The new hifi tuning black supremes are directional fuses.  Do you know which way they should go?  Thats what they told me.

nuforce-casey

• Industry Participant
« Reply #3 on: 1 Jul 2011, 02:53 am »
The 'current' flows from top to bottom in our IEC connector.  I.e. top of the fuse is closer to the AC, while the bottom end of the fuse is closer to the circuit.

ClothEars

« Reply #4 on: 14 Jul 2011, 10:03 pm »
Does the same "top to bottom" current flow apply for the Ref 9's?

nuforce-casey

• Industry Participant
« Reply #5 on: 17 Jul 2011, 04:15 pm »
Yes, the IEC connectors are all set-up the same way across Nuforce products.

juno

« Reply #6 on: 30 Aug 2011, 03:07 pm »
Results ?

worldcat

« Reply #7 on: 31 Aug 2011, 02:04 am »
I did not like the difference in sound it made.

juno

« Reply #8 on: 3 Sep 2011, 09:14 pm »
Thanks, brighter I guess...?

hifial

• Ambassador, Sound Galleries & Taiko Audio
    • Sound Test
« Reply #9 on: 11 Sep 2011, 01:47 am »
Hi all. First time posting. I was also planing on trying the new Hifi-tuning Supreme fuses in a Reference 18 that is on its way to me. I spoke to Casey and he had tried the silver Hifi-tuning fuses and did not like the sound but he has not tried the new Supreme. He told me that when he tried several different makes that the only one he liked was the Furutech brand. I have bought a pair and plan on trying them in the 18s. I plan on first braking in the amps so I will be able to compare the fuses when I finally change them. So it will be a while before I can report my findings.
I have to say I am a little surprised that worldcat did not find them to his liking, seeing how the Supreme has been highly praised just about everywhere and by everybody. Just goes to show you it is all in the individuals ear for what sounds best.
I have to add that I was very tempted to try the Supreme fuses over the Furutech seeing how the Supreme is a new design and not tried by Casey but I have read other posts by worldcat and feel his findings can be relied upon. However I too would like to know what worldcat did not like about the Supreme in the 18s.

worldcat

« Reply #10 on: 12 Sep 2011, 01:27 pm »
For me they sounded too forward. In my system they did not sound better just different. They may work in your system.  I have very revealing speakers so i hear the difference right away i did give them time to breakend.  I think they may design the fuses for higher freq in top end.  If you want to try them I will sell them to you half price. 

hifial

• Ambassador, Sound Galleries & Taiko Audio
    • Sound Test
« Reply #11 on: 14 Sep 2011, 05:50 am »
Hi worldcat. Thanks for the reply about the sound in your system with the Hifi tuning fuses. Could you PM me about your fuses. I might have an interest in them.