7.83hz Schumann Resonance Emitter

shep

Re: 7.83hz Schumann Resonance Emitter
« Reply #20 on: 29 Jun 2011, 08:39 am »
Thank you! that's exactly what I needed to know. I'll order three then.
PS I believe in this sort of thing (maybe I wasn't clear enough?) but I would rather put my money towards bridges and audiophile fuses  :D
PPS NOT crapping on someone's add!!! I AM a believer (but bridges are more practical)
can one be serious and droll at the same time without causing offence???

MaxCast

« Reply #21 on: 29 Jun 2011, 10:36 am »
We will see if the op chimes in.  Then I will clean up the thread.  Thank you, Ted for your efforts.
Until then I like Johns point...what about room modes?  :)
My system is in my basement so I guess I got a good ground.  Maybe that is why Pete didn't get any benefit.  It would be interesting to try ($300 ???) or to measure the strength of 7.63 Hz in a basement or the 20th floor.

JohnR

« Reply #22 on: 29 Jun 2011, 12:09 pm »
Shep, I'm a bridger too. I prefer bridges of hope leading to windows of opportunity, but I'll take an ordinary bridge too, if it saves me getting my feet wet.

Alexdad54

« Reply #23 on: 29 Jun 2011, 01:18 pm »
Interesting idea, might this be a cheaper alternative to start with and see if there's any effect?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Schumann-Resonator-audiophile-tweak-/260806767447?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cb94b7357

Seems to be similar to the OP's item by the pics but for that price I'm going to try one...

DARTH AUDIO

« Reply #24 on: 29 Jun 2011, 01:19 pm »
Anyone want to buy a bridge?  One born every minute...
You just moved from "Half Assed Hobbyist" to a complete ASS!! Butt out. Next time try to show some class if you know how?? My guess is you don't!!

JohnR

« Reply #25 on: 29 Jun 2011, 01:20 pm »
Hey Darth. Classy post. Show 'em how it's done eh ;)

DARTH AUDIO

« Reply #26 on: 29 Jun 2011, 01:25 pm »
We will see if the op chimes in.  Then I will clean up the thread.  Thank you, Ted for your efforts.
Until then I like Johns point...what about room modes?  :)
My system is in my basement so I guess I got a good ground.  Maybe that is why Pete didn't get any benefit.  It would be interesting to try ($300 ???) or to measure the strength of 7.63 Hz in a basement or the 20th floor.
My system is in a finished basement. I use the Rives PARC(this is the best $4k I ever spent) for room modes. The AR RR-77 still has an effect. Many blind tests with various friends.

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #27 on: 29 Jun 2011, 01:44 pm »
The AR RR-77 still has an effect.

Can you elaborate?

sts9fan

« Reply #28 on: 29 Jun 2011, 01:59 pm »
I find it interesting how sensitive people who bought these are. I would think for most of you that are 100% sure it works your response would be a more passive "your loss".  Instead the responses have been sort of violent and defensive. 

ted_b

• Volunteer
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
« Reply #29 on: 29 Jun 2011, 02:23 pm »
STS9fan,
It has been difficult getting folks to look past their "flat-earth" mentality and embrace this kind of tweak.  In 100% of the cases when listeners actually encounter my RR-77 effects they have either bought one (5+ people to date) or at least marveled at the improvements (and the whole idea).  So this has been somewhat of a religious sell, i.e not easy.

Soo...when an ignorant and non-constructive comment, calling me a fool, comes along, I don't take it well!   I'm not surprised, however, that you don't understand.

JohnR

« Reply #30 on: 29 Jun 2011, 02:41 pm »
I've been called a flat-earther! I'm insulted. I'm not taking it well.

Seriously Ted, is it that surprising that an item such as this would me met with incredulity? Just look at the language on the link that was posted earlier - it's obviously complete and utter nonsense. That is not to say that it's necessarily true that the gizmo doesn't do something, but it seems like it might be largely coincidental if it does.

Hey, sorry, I consider myself to be pretty open minded for the most part...

sts9fan

« Reply #31 on: 29 Jun 2011, 03:06 pm »
I'm not surprised, however, that you don't understand.

and I can tell you what type of folks buy this stuff.