The Watchmen, coming to the big screen!

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« on: 9 Apr 2004, 01:43 am »
I just read this evening that the award-winning graphic novel series, The Watchmen, is being made into a movie.  Hopefully it'll get the A-List treatment it deserves; this is one of my all time favorite comics.

What I read is very preliminary, with no tidbits about casting, who's writing it, etc.  But I'll be keeping my eyes peeled for any news!

ooheadsoo

« Reply #1 on: 9 Apr 2004, 01:59 am »
Is that the one with the old superheroes?  If so, that's one really good story.

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #2 on: 9 Apr 2004, 03:01 am »
Yeah, Rorscach (my fave, not to be confused with "horshacht" of welcome back cotter), Dr. Manhatten, Ozy & the gang will be coming to the theaters.  Very good book, hope it's translated well to the screen.

ooheadsoo

« Reply #3 on: 9 Apr 2004, 03:14 am »
Oh man, I don't think it will do well, especially in only 1 movie :(  It was too good to be captured in 2 hours.

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #4 on: 9 Apr 2004, 03:18 am »
Well, the collected graphic novel is half the size of a phone book, so it may be hard to compress it into a 2 hr movie.  It honestly merits a LotR style treatmetn- it's that good.

ooheadsoo

« Reply #5 on: 9 Apr 2004, 03:28 am »
I honestly don't think it will have a big enough following to merit more than one movie.  It's not bright and dazzling, nor does it have true widespread acceptance like Hulk.  If they only do one movie, they would have to cut out the hearts of all the characters.  

Let's hope I'm wrong.

rosconey

« Reply #6 on: 9 Apr 2004, 09:55 am »
juse saw the preview for van hellsing-boy it looks like a shit cga job.
if it was made 4-5 years ago i could see such bad animation but nowadays  :nono:
will it last more than a week  in theaters