I still have a few of these X-Statik's left.

Danny Richie

I still have a few of these X-Statik's left.
« on: 22 Jun 2011, 08:25 pm »
Here is a pair in Satin Black. $599 for the pair (plus shipping).

jparkhur

Re: I still have a few of these X-Statik's left.
« Reply #1 on: 22 Jun 2011, 09:10 pm »
Danny,

Metal grills?  No Grills?

TKS  JP

Danny Richie

« Reply #2 on: 22 Jun 2011, 09:14 pm »
There are no grills on this pair.

The Ninja

• Industry Participant
  • Manufacturer
    • Skiing Ninja Systems
« Reply #3 on: 23 Jun 2011, 12:52 am »
I took mine off anyway :D

WesM228

« Reply #4 on: 28 Jun 2011, 08:26 pm »
I want to get a pair of these but I need to leave the grills on for when my sisters kids visit. It looks like those caps would be harder to push in than the typical dome type. Can the 'ringing' issued be fixed with some felt around the grills posts or is it caused by the driver waves reflecting off the grill itself? Thanks

Danny Richie

« Reply #5 on: 28 Jun 2011, 09:16 pm »
I want to get a pair of these but I need to leave the grills on for when my sisters kids visit. It looks like those caps would be harder to push in than the typical dome type. Can the 'ringing' issued be fixed with some felt around the grills posts or is it caused by the driver waves reflecting off the grill itself? Thanks

There are no grills for the remaining X-Statik's.

It wouldn't be too hard to make some solid wood grills (decorative only) with small Neodymium magnets in them that line up with the metal studs that are sticking out from the front baffle. Then you can stick them on as covers when not using the speakers and then remove them for listening.

persisting1

« Reply #6 on: 28 Jun 2011, 09:48 pm »
There are more than a few people who do not use the grills on their X Statiks.  You might be able to buy them off of one of them.

Damn good speaker btw.  I miss them  :(

Rightbrained

« Reply #7 on: 29 Jun 2011, 01:00 pm »
I have a set of x-statik grills if anyone is interested.

Rclark

« Reply #8 on: 1 Jul 2011, 04:12 am »
How do these compare to an n3 transmission line?

wired4sound

« Reply #9 on: 1 Jul 2011, 03:58 pm »
Wondering also about the difference, just to get a sense of the sound characteristics between the two drivers and tweeters.

corndog71

• Some people call me Rob.
« Reply #10 on: 1 Jul 2011, 09:07 pm »
I got to demo the N1X's for a few weeks and the Neo tweeter is definitely a step up over the encore tweeters in the X-series.  I love my X speakers (Statiks, Voce, Omnis, LS') but there was more air, more detail, more space, and just an overall cleaner sound from the Neo tweeters.  No listener fatigue either.  I could easily listen to them for hours.

I can only imagine how great the OB-5/7's are.

Danny has totally ruined me when it comes to ever buying big-name speakers.  I'm not saying there aren't good ones out there, but they'll probably cost a lot more and still need some tweaking.

Rclark

« Reply #11 on: 1 Jul 2011, 10:14 pm »

Can you give a "percentage" performance increase for the tweeter?

And don't neglect the midrange and bottom end description please. Thanks!

corndog71

« Reply #12 on: 2 Jul 2011, 01:48 am »
Mind you I haven't heard the N3 with dual mids.  I just heard the N1X with a single mid in a ported PE cabinet. 

I compared them to my upgraded X-LS Encore (sonicaps with gen2 bypasses, erse chokes and mills resistors).  If the N1X was 100% then the X-LS got you 87% there.  I hope that makes sense.  The N1X has a smaller woofer and I think that lent it a bit more speed.  Upon switching to the N1X the sense of refinement was immediately noticeable.  There was more sparkle and life coming out of the speakers.  Transients seemed faster and closer to live. 

I want to say again that I LOVE my X-Statiks!  They are fantastic towers for the money.  Especially with upgraded crossovers.  My buddy is in the process of recording and mastering his own album and he always hears more into the recording on my rig than his references (much to his dismay). 

Still, if you want that extra refinement then it's not much more to go for the Neo kits from Danny.  Either way they are tough to beat for the money.

Bill O'Connell

• Industry Participant
  • Retired . Music Lover
« Reply #13 on: 2 Jul 2011, 04:05 am »
Please check your PM's

Rclark

« Reply #14 on: 2 Jul 2011, 05:39 am »
I wonder if anyone can touch on differences in bass quality and output.

WesM228

« Reply #15 on: 4 Jul 2011, 03:26 am »
The reason I asked about the grills is because I was considering buying a used pair but the seller is having issues getting a reasonable shipping rate for the two boxes. I am very strongly considering now just buying from Danny as his are new.

I'm wondering though if the grill 'ringing' issue is fixed with the damping kit that the Ninja sells. If he didn't even keep his grills on his X-Statiks that leads me to believe maybe it doesn't fully resolve that issue. I just want to make sure before I purchase because I'm not about to remove and replace the grills for every listen. I like the way they look in place too. I'll probably snag a set from one of the members here if I end up buying them.

All help is appreciated.

persisting1

« Reply #16 on: 4 Jul 2011, 06:14 am »
Half the time I had my grills on and I really didn't notice a "problem".  You'll be happy either way.  It is one of the better buys in the audio market.  Hands down.

corndog71

« Reply #17 on: 4 Jul 2011, 09:34 pm »
I got mine from Danny sans grills and don't miss them.  I wouldn't worry about them affecting the sound so much. 

The one grill that did make a difference was the big grill on the top/back of the Voce.  That one definitely had to go as I did hear it resonating on occasion.