For sale ($1275): 2010 AVA Ultra EC+ Preamp xlr inputs, tone controls, rmt

bellhead

See ad on audiogon with Photos:

audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cl.pl?preatube&1313591113&item

Van Alstine Ultra EC+ hybrid preamp. I bought this new last July. Perfect condition with these options: tone controls, remote, XLR inputs (1 set), several other RCA inputs & multiple outputs. I also put in new NOS RCA 6CG7 tubes from TubeDepot (not ebay). (Tubes are almost new with little time on them -- no time to listen these days, relegated to a headphone system). Choice of Hi/lo gain with no effect on sound. Lots of steps in the volume for fine adjustment. I'll include free UPS ground shipping. I'll split the paypal fees if you want paypal. Tube desc. from receipt:
BLACK SABLE RCA Clear Top BSCT-6CG7-RCA-CT 179.95. Total original cost with tubes was ~$2680. Runs just warm, not hot at all.

Thank you.
« Last Edit: 19 Jun 2011, 01:50 pm by bellhead »

Listens2tubes

bellhead

Thanks for activating the link! I owe you a beer (via paypal I guess!).
« Last Edit: 19 Jun 2011, 01:51 pm by bellhead »

dlparker

• Dave Parker - KC, MO
    • DontKnowNuthinBoutNoComputers
Thanks for activating the link! I owe you a beer (via paypal I guess!).

Virtual beers.  Highly underrated..

bellhead

We need a beer icon, I guess.

bellhead

OK, reduced to $1275. Thanks.

avahifi

This unit is presented here correctly.  It is a very nice preamp as is.

Assuming that this has not been done already, it can be upgraded to brand new Ultra II specifications that will make it really awesome.

The upgrade cost is $300 and includes installing new Exicon power mos-fet driver transistors in the hybrid transimpedance section, a major improvement of the Hitachi J79s we used in this application for many years.  The upgrade also includes a new three year AVA parts and labor warranty.

Here is the AC link to the Ultra II upgrades.

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=85643.0

Regards,

Frank Van Alstine

bellhead

Well now I am darn curious about an upgrade. I didn't know about this upgrade. How would I arrange for this if I wanted to try it?
Could i just send it in with payment?

bellhead

Are there any further options on this modification (just asking to make sure)?

mark funk

Call Frank!

:smoke:

coke

Frank upgraded my Ultra preamp.  Very noticeable difference and worth the money.  :thumb: