7.1 Surround Sound Headphones, your thoughts?

Dj_AmTraX

7.1 Surround Sound Headphones, your thoughts?
« on: 16 Jun 2011, 01:52 pm »
I have never used a wireless headphones nor a surround sound one.  Any one here has and your thoughts on this new Sony 7.1 version?  It looks GREAT.  Wonder how it sounds and does it hiss?

http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&langId=-1&partNumber=MDRDS6500

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
Re: 7.1 Surround Sound Headphones, your thoughts?
« Reply #1 on: 16 Jun 2011, 02:12 pm »
I had a set from very early on and they were not good at staying connected (plus they had that hiss you mentioned) and the SQ was nothing to get excited about. Passable to watch TV late at night and that was it. Today the technology is there to give the listener a quality experience as far as connectivity, signal transmission but the 7.1 thing I'm curious about. They would be cool with a PS3 and movies and games but they look to be close to a grand the way they are styled and the leather treatments and all, so please let us know if you try them how they work as I'm curious also and really tired of cord management issues!!!!!

Noseyears

• Restricted
  • SS-Audio
    • Supreme Sound Audio
« Reply #2 on: 16 Jun 2011, 11:43 pm »
It seems interesting, sadly i haven't tried them. Im wondering how they will compare with the sennheiser RS series?

BTW, welcome to AC dj..i've seen your unboxing videos.  :thumb:

Dj_AmTraX

« Reply #3 on: 17 Jun 2011, 02:04 pm »
Thanks for the kind words on my videos.   :thumb:

I kinda want to get these.  I found them for $219 delivered.  I am worried about hiss because almost all wireless headphones I've tried had hiss.  Does your Sennheiser make hiss?

JP78

« Reply #4 on: 17 Jun 2011, 02:09 pm »
The technology sure seems interesting...about 10 years ago I had a pair of Sennheisers that came with a Dolby processor bundled...the sound was fun for television and movies but I found myself unplugging it for music listening.

Why not get a pair from a reputable retailer? Headphones (unlike speakers) are small enough that return shipping should be less than $10 if you're not happy. 

nathanm

« Reply #5 on: 17 Jun 2011, 02:43 pm »
I'll admit I'm not that good at math, but if you ask me those look like 2.0 headphones.

Noseyears

• Restricted
  • SS-Audio
    • Supreme Sound Audio
« Reply #6 on: 17 Jun 2011, 04:56 pm »
Thanks for the kind words on my videos.   :thumb:

I kinda want to get these.  I found them for $219 delivered.  I am worried about hiss because almost all wireless headphones I've tried had hiss.  Does your Sennheiser make hiss?

To be honest, i have only used them on a friend's house. When we watch movies at night, the Kleer line of sennheiser (RS160) it does a nice job, no hissing.