Canadian GP?

Crimson

Canadian GP?
« on: 15 Jun 2011, 02:20 am »
No comments? What about all the records that were broken? Or the fact that I sat through a torrential downpour to witness said records?  :green:

It was one of the best, eh?

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: Canadian GP?
« Reply #1 on: 15 Jun 2011, 03:14 am »
Hamilton hit only 3 cars this time, Button(8th lap), Webber(5th lap) and Schumacher(6th lap).

planet10

• Industry Participant
  • Frugal-phile (tm)
    • planet10-hifi
« Reply #2 on: 15 Jun 2011, 05:16 am »
Button from last to 1st... quite something for F1. And on a track that is noted for being a parade route.

:)

dave

Groundzero

« Reply #3 on: 15 Jun 2011, 07:50 am »
I was really cheering for Schumacher to make the podium. It was like he was standing still when Weber passed him on the DRS bit.

richidoo

« Reply #4 on: 15 Jun 2011, 12:53 pm »
+1 for all of the above. It was an incredible race. My tivo didn't record it all on Fox because it was so long, so I have still not seen Alonso's crash. But I tivoed the speedTV replay.

How was your trip Crimson? Despite the rain, I think you picked one of the most historic races to attend. Did you take any pictures? 

Button's win was so unexpected, I loved it. What a great run.

Webber finally got his KERS working too.

Austin is on the 2012 calendar!

Crimson

« Reply #5 on: 15 Jun 2011, 01:40 pm »
This was my 10th trip to the Canadian GP and, without a doubt, the most enjoyable. A lot of the spectators left once the red flag came out, but a lot of us stayed and waited. I also had the pleasure of siting next to Tom Lord-Alge, an avid F1 fan, and we chatted it up.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #6 on: 15 Jun 2011, 05:01 pm »
The sport press of my country inform the Hamilton's source of the suicidal behavior on race, is the recent exchange of manager career he had.
The ex-manager was the father of Hamilton, and the new Hamilton career manager is a businessman of Pop/Rock music, that is manager of several artists.

This exchange seems very unfortunate, certainly a step backwards, during the race the TV shows Hamilton's father and he did not look happy.

mcgsxr

« Reply #7 on: 15 Jun 2011, 05:50 pm »
I attended back in the late 90's, it was a fun race to be sure.

One of my best friends was there this weekend past, and he said aside from being drenched, it was a good time to be there, and that folks cleared out, so they had excellent choices for sight lines.

ltr317

« Reply #8 on: 15 Jun 2011, 10:19 pm »
Hamilton hit only 3 cars this time, Button(8th lap), Webber(5th lap) and Schumacher(6th lap).

:lol: Hamilton has forgotten everything he learned about passing.  This year he is over driving his car, and that is never a good thing for a racer.  As other former racers have said, he may just get another F1 driver injured or killed if he keeps it up.

I was in Toronto last weekend attending my nephew's wedding, and forgot to tape the race.  First F1 race I missed on the telly this year, and it just happened to be very exciting.  :cry: