"Death Cab For Cutie" CD recommendations please!!

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
My oldest turned me onto "Death Cab For Cutie" and so far I have the latest.."Codes and Keys" and its awesome so now I must buy the best ones left first and start gathering them all up so what should I get next.....I love the ethereal thing they have and the style of vocals and composition, amazing stuff and gives me hope that my son is digging good tunes and the band is talented and creative and can get it on tape/disc/PC/DAT/2"/LOL........ :thumb: :thumb:

low.pfile

Re: "Death Cab For Cutie" CD recommendations please!!
« Reply #1 on: 10 Jun 2011, 04:34 pm »
I like the last album "Narrow Stairs" a little better than "Codes", But "Plans" is my favorite.  They played last night in SF but were sold out, so I missed them at the Fillmore. Not willing to pay $300 for a $45 ticket from resellers/craigslisters. Saw them in Berkeley a few years ago.

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #2 on: 10 Jun 2011, 04:52 pm »
Photo album and Plans

eclein

• Volunteer
« Reply #3 on: 10 Jun 2011, 04:57 pm »
Any high rez "Death Cab..." anywhere??

gary

« Reply #4 on: 10 Jun 2011, 05:28 pm »
Plans I think is their best, even though most of the people who were fans from the beginning thought they sold out with it and let that bias their opinion. Photo Album is good too, personally I can't stand Narrow Stairs. And this thread reminds me that I need to pick up the new one because I really, really like the first single.

gary

ngomez745

« Reply #5 on: 10 Jun 2011, 05:40 pm »
1) Plans
2) Codes and Keys
Buy them Both! :)
I also bought "we have the facts and we're voting yes" but it's not very good. :|

vinyl_lady

« Reply #6 on: 10 Jun 2011, 07:57 pm »
Death Cab for Cutie is one of my favorite "new" bands. I have most of their catalogue in both vinyl and CDs. Plans and Transatlanticism are my two favorites.

AB

« Reply #7 on: 10 Jun 2011, 08:18 pm »
Don't forget The Postal Service.

eclein

• Volunteer
« Reply #8 on: 10 Jun 2011, 08:42 pm »
OK...I got "Plans" coming, found a new copy on Amazon for $5ish so I'm set for this month, I got slammed with prescription med bills this month, my drug plan decided to cancel me out just because they can so I'm fighting to get it back and my meds I'm finding out are really expensive..LOL.

I love finding new bands like this and asking you guys for recs, I get to find out who likes what type of music, its very interesting.......lol

jglim0109

« Reply #9 on: 13 Jun 2011, 08:31 pm »
Transatlanticism is my favorite. Plans, Narrow Stairs, and Codes & Keys are all pretty good, but they each seem to have 3-4 duds.

JoshK

« Reply #10 on: 14 Jun 2011, 03:34 pm »
I am a big DCFC fan.  The bass player, Nick Harmer, was an acquitance of mine in Junior High and High school.  I had many classes with him. 

My favorites in order are:
1) Plans
2) Narrow Stairs
3) Transatlanticism

I don't have codes & keys I don't think, but I do have an EP that came out around the time of Narrow Stairs and its pretty decent. 

As AB mentioned, don't forget Postal Service!  I just think Ben's lyrical prowess is hard to match these days.

SlushPuppy

« Reply #11 on: 14 Jun 2011, 03:50 pm »
I'm not a big fan, and think they recycle material way too often, but I do own "Photo Album" and "Narrow Stairs" and play them every now and then. "A Movie Script Ending" (Photo Album) is my favorite song by them. My second favorite is "I Will Possess Your Heart" (Narrow Stairs).