How to convert 24/176k files bought from HDtracks to WAV. Files for iTunes

Dj_AmTraX

I really want to try out how 24/176 sound from HDtracks, but iTunes won't play FLAC files and HDtracks does not offer WAV. What software to use to convert the flac files to WAV without down converting to a lower resolution?  I need a software for Mac. Thanks for the help.

ted_b

• Facilitator
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
DJ_AmTrax,
We will give you the same answers we gave over on CA.  Max, XLD and most other conversion programs will do 24/176 no problem. 

Dj_AmTraX

XLD links to some Japanese site.  Is there a good link to the download to try?  Thanks for the help.

Aleg

XLD links to some Japanese site.  Is there a good link to the download to try?  Thanks for the help.

XLD is developed and maintained from this japanese site.

The english page is found here http://tmkk.pv.land.to/xld/index_e.html , just download the gui version mentioned under Download.

zacster

I just quickly converted a 24/176 Flac HDTracks file to AIFF using Audacity.  It came out as 24/96.  I think Audacity imported it to 24/96 when I opened it, and then just saved it at the same resolution with the different format. 

planet10

• Industry Participant
  • Frugal-phile (tm)
    • planet10-hifi
I've not dealt with the FLAC files i have. Does the containerization method of dealing with FLACs in iTunes preserve sampling rate?

dave