New LSA .5?

Mass. Wine Guy

New LSA .5?
« on: 3 Jun 2011, 08:56 pm »
Has anyone heard the new LSA .5 speaker? It got good tentative reactions in TAS.

Phil A

Re: New LSA .5?
« Reply #1 on: 4 Jun 2011, 01:55 am »
No - have not even heard about it but would be curious.  I have Mobile Fidelity monitors that have the same drivers (I've read they were made in the same factory) but differences in crossovers and cabinets.  I have them in the office system and I do have surround capability and would be very curious as to what the speakers are like

Mass. Wine Guy

« Reply #2 on: 4 Jun 2011, 02:16 am »
Apparently, the LSA .5 speakers are the company's smallest monitor and will sell for about $700. I read that they sounded very good.

Phil A

« Reply #3 on: 4 Jun 2011, 03:35 pm »
I looked at the website after your initial post and did not see them there yet.  Not that I use it tons, but I do have surround in the office system.  I have a (25.5 inch) TV/Monitor, a Sony Blu-Ray player than can pass DSD to a Pioneer 1120 receiver.  I have 4.1 with a small RCA 50W powered sub behind the printer stand.  I'm in process or redoing the office furniture and in a few months when I redo the bookcase/filing furniture, I would not mind at some point getting better surrounds to go with my MoFis.  I have small old Radio Shack white metal surrounds that are decent and I can always do 6.1 if I want to keep them in the system.  I've heard the LSA1s and they sound very similar to my MoFi speakers.

Mass. Wine Guy

« Reply #4 on: 4 Jun 2011, 04:52 pm »
At the same audio shows, PSB also unveiled a new mini monitor that will sell for $700. Also got good initial reviews.