Foiled by WallyWorld!

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
Foiled by WallyWorld!
« on: 6 Apr 2004, 06:25 am »
I can't believe it- I decided to hit WallyWorld tonite at midnite to pick up the new Matrix (and a few groceries while I'm there).  But the knob lickers only had 2 friggin' palettes of the Full Screen versions! :x   What the hell are they thinking?

Guess I'll have to pick it up at Best Buy in the morning.  Drats.

mgalusha

Foiled by WallyWorld!
« Reply #1 on: 6 Apr 2004, 12:54 pm »
Look at the type TV's they sell, that should indicate their target market. :roll: Or maybe not, just a guess.  I loathe going into Wallyworld so it's BB for me today as well.

bubba966

Re: Foiled by WallyWorld!
« Reply #2 on: 6 Apr 2004, 03:35 pm »
Quote from: Rob Babcock
I can't believe it- I decided to hit WallyWorld tonite at midnite to pick up the new Matrix (and a few groceries while I'm there).  But the knob lickers only had 2 friggin' palettes of the Full Screen versions! :x   What the hell are they thinking?

Guess I'll have to pick it up at Best Buy in the morning.  Drats.

What, you didn't pick it up last week? :lol:

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
Foiled by WallyWorld!
« Reply #3 on: 6 Apr 2004, 06:02 pm »
I was just waiting for that, Bubba! :shake:  :P   Yeah, Wally World has a lot of junk, but they almost always have both versions.

I dunno about you guys, but I pretty much fucking dread Best Buy, too.  What's with them nowadays?  You pretty much just have to tell the staff to fuck off 20 times while you're shopping.  Then when you get to the register you gotta tell ten times that no you don't want any magazines or warranties or any of their other "special offers" or any of their surveys...They train their staff to be human pop up ads.

They oughta have an express line for people that just wanna buy something.

bob82274

Foiled by WallyWorld!
« Reply #4 on: 6 Apr 2004, 07:05 pm »
Yea I have been a little curt with more than a few of their employees as of late.  I have been more active in avoiding them and found that zero eye contact works well too.  Its like they think that everyone is completely helpless and can't figure out where a movie is and if it doesn't appear there then that they are too confused to actually ask one of the people on the floor.  As for the magazine stuff I stop them bout a word after they start talking about it.

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
Foiled by WallyWorld!
« Reply #5 on: 6 Apr 2004, 07:09 pm »
The funny thing is I know their damn store better than they do anyway! :lol:   Most of those minimum wage kids don't know jack about anything.

One of them once asked me if I was looking for something in particular (I was browsing the SACD/DVD-A section).  There was a disc I wanted that had been out for two months but they never seemed to have it in stock.  Well, the kid told me, if they didn't have it then it probably didn't exist! :lol:  :rotflmao: