Origin Live Turntable and Tonearm

GregC

Origin Live Turntable and Tonearm
« on: 31 May 2011, 06:04 pm »
I am selling my Origin Live Ultra turntable and Illustrious mk 2 arm.  The Ultra was a kit offered by Origin Live, but mine has the upgraded transformer and a virtually new Ultra Controller.  I would rate the table an Audiogon (7/10) for age and the arm a (6/10) with signs of use.  Everything works perfect.  Please look at the link to my gallery (please excuse the dust).

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?action=gallery;area=browse;album=3405

I will include the maple base with the setup.  The only thing not included is the Shelter cartridge.  I am selling everything for $1500 with local pickup in the Monterey penisula.  The controller alone is $900 and mine is virtually new.  I think you would be hard pressed to find a better setup for the money.

GregC

Re: Origin Live Turntable and Tonearm
« Reply #1 on: 31 May 2011, 10:56 pm »
I forgot to mention the setup also includes the Origin Live threaded VTA adjuster ($40 of added value).

http://www.tonearm.co.uk/vta-adjuster.htm

I have an Origin Live Resolution Mk1 deck and an Origin Live Conqueror Mk2 arm in my primary setup and the system I am selling was in my secondary system.  The perfomance is about 90 percent as good as my main system.  The Ultra controller and upgraded transformer, along with the suspended design, lets this setup sing. 

GregC

« Reply #2 on: 31 May 2011, 11:06 pm »
I also forgot to mention the DC200 upgraded motor that is usually included in the much pricier Origin Live decks.  This is another $300+ of added value.

orthobiz

« Reply #3 on: 1 Jun 2011, 01:48 am »
Cameras with any kind of flash make any speck of dust look horrible. That TT looks great. Good luck with the sale.

Paul

GregC

« Reply #4 on: 6 Jun 2011, 06:02 pm »
I am open to reasonable offers but I do not want to break up the system or ship.

GregC

« Reply #5 on: 11 Jun 2011, 05:15 am »
I bought the Ultra kit from Jay Kaufmann who assembled the kit and I am the original owner.  It was an $800 kit.  I purchased the upgraded transformer, the upgraded DC200 motor, and the Ultra Controller from Jay to get the best possible performance out of the table.  The DC200 motor, upgraded transformer, and Ultra controller go for $1290 new.  I bought the Illustrious Mk 2 arm from Jay in 2005 and paid more than $2100 for it.  This setup sounds awesome and is a tremendous value.  The maple base is another $150 in added value. 

I would like to find a local buyer who would appreciate the level of performance of this table.  This makes VPI tables that cost much more sound anemic in comparison.

GregC

« Reply #6 on: 18 Jul 2011, 05:40 am »
I was busy at with work and I recently returned from vacation.  I would like to sell my turntable setup since I need to clear out some of my audio gear and I could use the funds for some other projects. 

I am lowering my price to $1300 for everything.   

GregC

« Reply #7 on: 15 Oct 2011, 11:24 pm »
The turntable and tonearm have sold and found a new home.  I have been too busy to post here in quite awhile, but I am glad an AC member will enjoy the setup in their system.