BRIDESMAIDS

wushuliu

BRIDESMAIDS
« on: 31 May 2011, 08:29 am »
One of the best comedies I have seen in recent memory. Not just in laughs, but the whole structure of the film. A lot of comedies do deliver laughs but have long lulls and/or weak plots. All the scenarios in this film are strong and move the story forward while keeping the laughs organic to the theme which is a real feat for a comedy. There's a bit of a bait and switch in terms of plot; it's marketed almost as a 'Hangover' for women, but it isn't - it's really a star vehicle for Kristen Wiig, who I love. Nevertheless the whole cast is terrific and there isn't a weak moment in the film. Guys will love it just as much as the ladies. I'm not a gross-out fan (poop jokes, etc) but the scene where they all get the 'runs' from food poisoning while trying out the dresses has to be one of the more inventive and drawn-out gags I've seen in a while.

jobrizzle7481

Re: BRIDESMAIDS
« Reply #1 on: 6 Jun 2011, 04:12 am »
I saw this the other week with my wife on our anniversary against my initial wishes.  Once the movie got going though I thought that it was pretty good.  I wouldn't say I would buy it but it was definitely a worthy watch.  As you said, all the situations were believable and some of the humor was downright crude for woman, but I guess that's why I liked it.  I pictured this type of scenario possibly playing out with my wife and her bridesmaids.