gk1-r layout

fos

gk1-r layout
« on: 5 Apr 2004, 11:48 pm »
g'day,

I have just completed stuffing and temporary connection of my gk1-r, btw it sounds very sweet.  :D

link for photo below..

Does anyone envisage any problems with the inclined analog board?  :?: I have set it this way to route power around the L side and across the front to the pcb (under shield). most of the signal wires attach to the back edge of the board as it sits now. The plan was to keep the power/signal wires separate, and to keep the tubes inside the case. one of those situations requiring a compromise :?

oorrooo

http://www.audiocircle.com/image.php?id=2726

[/url]

AKSA

gk1-r layout
« Reply #1 on: 6 Apr 2004, 12:11 am »
Hi Foster,

Nice work, mate!  Elegant, even, difficult to achieve with so much complexity, but you've done it.   :beer:

Basically anything goes with this design if you can ensure it is hum free.

All wires to and from the level control are highly susceptible to hum intrusion from nearby AC lines, and thus your resolve to keep them well apart is essential.  If in this guise the GK1-R has no hum, then all is well, but if it does, some further layout jiggery pokery might be necessary.

This component will take around a week of activation and use before it delivers its best.  Lots of caps to bed in......   :mrgreen:

Cheers,

Hugh

jake3

gk1-r layout
« Reply #2 on: 6 Apr 2004, 04:21 am »
Go Fos! You really got into that, and finished just in time too. I suspect a foreign order (case) will be called for this trip...
See you in a weeks time.