My Vandys

Dan Driscoll

My Vandys
« on: 25 May 2011, 09:54 pm »
I've been the happy owner of a pair of Model 2C's for about 6 years. I'm the second owner and these are easily the best speakers I've ever owned. I would like to upgrade to 3A's, but that may be a while.

My system is fairly modest, a Sherbourn 5/1500A amp drives the 2C's and the 2 channel sources are an Oppo 83SE and an SB3, through a LiTe Audio DAC-62.

jeffreybehr

• Volunteer
Re: My Vandys
« Reply #1 on: 26 May 2011, 12:58 am »
I've heard only the 3A Sig. among the nonpowered V'steen speakers.  They sounded quite good, and had I known then, I would have purchased them instead of the Audio Physic Avanti IIIs I bought last summer.  Live and learn...   :oops:
« Last Edit: 26 May 2011, 09:04 pm by jeffreybehr »

Jay_S

« Reply #2 on: 26 May 2011, 05:01 pm »
Some years ago, I upgraded from the 2Bs to the 3s.  The improvement was vast.  The 2C to the 3A will also be a big upgrade.  I've since sold the 3s but still have the old pair of 2Bs.  I haven't used them for some time and need to figure out what to do with them.

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #3 on: 26 May 2011, 09:30 pm »
I've been the happy owner of a pair of Model 2C's for about 6 years. I'm the second owner and these are easily the best speakers I've ever owned. I would like to upgrade to 3A's, but that may be a while.

My system is fairly modest, a Sherbourn 5/1500A amp drives the 2C's and the 2 channel sources are an Oppo 83SE and an SB3, through a LiTe Audio DAC-62.

Dan,

You have assembled an excellent system at a very reasonable price - I wouldn't call that modest - I would call that smart and high value!!   :thumb: :thumb:

Congrats!

George

Dan Driscoll

« Reply #4 on: 27 May 2011, 05:08 pm »
Thanks. I'm fairly cautious about how I spend my money, since I don't have a whole lot of it. So I usually spend a lot of time researching and when possible, demoing equipment before I buy. However, I have to confess that even though I spent 4 hours with the seller before I bought the 2Cs, I knew 5 minutes after we started that I was leaving with them.   :green:

mgsboedmisodpc2

« Reply #5 on: 15 Jan 2012, 08:31 pm »
"still have the old pair of 2Bs"
are those the model 2s with the passive acoustic coupler or the model 2s with two 4.5 inch mid bass drivers before the upgrade to the 8 inch midbass driver

kavakidd

« Reply #6 on: 20 Jan 2012, 10:35 pm »
Those "couplers" are, in fact, active not passive

mgsboedmisodpc2

« Reply #7 on: 21 Jan 2012, 09:22 pm »
does anybody know when those couplers became active?  what year did the model 2 loudspeaker have passive couplers?

mgsboedmisodpc2

« Reply #8 on: 21 Jan 2012, 09:24 pm »
Dan just be aware model 3 s are 4ohm speakers and might require an amp upgrade