"Hellboy," $23.5 million.

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« on: 5 Apr 2004, 04:23 am »
Looks like a good opening for "Hellboy."  It earned $10 million more than the movie in 2nd place (the Rocks' "Walking Tall").  Despite the fact that it looks just butt-puckeringly awful in the trailers, I might have to check it out (maybe when it hits the cheap theater).

sleepkyng

« Reply #1 on: 5 Apr 2004, 04:35 am »
Hellboy is based on the comic book called Hellboy

the comic is actually really great, it is a reinvention of the old horror story comics and treats the whole deal tongue and cheek, the art is fantastic and the storytelling is really entertaining.

the comic creator/writer/artist Mike Mignola is really a genius, the way he illustrates, the stylstic nature of his lines, the emphasis on color evoking emotions etc. has really changed the face of comics.

ok i'm a geek, but seriously check it out, it's a fun read!

bob82274

« Reply #2 on: 5 Apr 2004, 04:55 am »
I just got back tonight and Rob I think that you will really enjoy it.  Quite funny at times with Hellboy's attitude toward things ("Aww crap." .:Realizes beast isn't dead:.)  It isn't without its flaws story-wise but still very enjoyable.  I probably enjoyed it more than Spider-man to tell the truth (but not as much as X-2).

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #3 on: 5 Apr 2004, 04:57 am »
Yeah, X-2 flat-out rocked.  I'm really stoked for another installment as it almost has to be Dark Phoenix.

vpolineni

« Reply #4 on: 5 Apr 2004, 05:38 am »
I just hope they do more than mention "remy le beau" in a database to include gambit...

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #5 on: 5 Apr 2004, 05:53 am »
UHHGGG!  I hope not- I friggin' can't stand Gambit.  Maybe add Beast or Archangel if you need to.  I'd like to see Kitty Pride have a role in the next one.

bubba966

« Reply #6 on: 5 Apr 2004, 08:53 am »
I've seen Hellboy 3 times already (only saw Walking Tall once). That tell you anything Rob?... :wink:  :lol:

Bemopti123

Hellboy not bad
« Reply #7 on: 5 Apr 2004, 12:12 pm »
I saw it and I thought it was decent.  There are many other worser movies I can think about.  When you watch it, you will be fascinated at the advances in animation that makes it smooth, real.  Other upcoming movies that are still unable to shake off the digitalization feel, that makes characters look like videogame scenes, VAN HELSING.  At least Hellboy lacks that sort of problems.

bmed

« Reply #8 on: 5 Apr 2004, 01:37 pm »
I saw it Saturday.  I agree that the integration between digital and live action is better than most.  The plot line was very slow at first, then accelerated rapidly at the end.  I just felt rushed.  Overall, I enjoyed it, but I also liked Underworld and my friends flamed me for that.  Oh well.

Brad