Majik Buss and Stuff

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
Majik Buss and Stuff
« on: 23 May 2011, 03:10 pm »
  The AudioSyndrome Club would like to thank Dave for allowing us to audition the Buss along with powercord. As well as the Digital powercord.
  As a tst of all tests we hooked up the Magik Buss to a 100foot Home depot extention cord for the outdoor system [ Lector CDP, AR Classic 60 Amp, Mapleshade custom passive Pre and Heco Horn 4302 speakers].
 Well well, well. Instantly the sound was quiterer, cleaner and more dynamic. No thinning of body, no bright topend, no forward soundstage, NADA, just better all around. The Bass fuggetaboutit. Focused and tighter.
  When we brought the Lector indoors to play with the Tannoys and Melody integrated 300B adding  Daves Digital PC made the Lector sing.
  So our feeling about the Majik Buss is quite favorable. An affective product worth trying. Now wondering what the Uberbuss can do. Hint, hint.

This week both the Magik Buss and PC will grace my abode and see how it fares with my reference Omega Mikro active PC. Right now I believe the Maplshade has met its match. Very well done sir and thanks for sharing your product with us.

charles
 audiosyndrome
president

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
Re: Majik Buss and Stuff
« Reply #1 on: 23 May 2011, 03:27 pm »
Charles, my pleasure.  I greatly appreciate your group's opening the door to me.  I'm sure that a good time was had by all and kudos for Triode Pete opening his doors.  I'm glad it quit raining for you.

What you have is a RevB.  The original MajikBUSS has been retired.  You can tell by the serial # on the back.  That is RB29, I believe.  It was a trade in from a good customer that upgraded to the UberBUSS.

The RevB has the same PFC network as the Uber, but with a smaller (lower mass) EMI/RFI brick.  I have worked long and hard to make the BUSS series as sonically neutral as possible retaining the natural timbre of the original material - just mo' betta'.

The power cables speak for themselves, too.  I source the finest components possible, assemble them with care and freeze the nasties out of them.

Enjoy!   :thumb:

Dave

rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #2 on: 23 May 2011, 03:50 pm »
   Your most welcome. for those who have not been aboard a " Buss" jump on and enjoy the ride.

charles

morganc

« Reply #3 on: 23 May 2011, 07:42 pm »
I a loving my new UberBuss thanks to Dave......just installed Furutech receptacles and loving them. 

Triode Pete

• Industry Contributor
  • www.TriodeWireLabs.com
    • Triode Wire Labs - Affordable Audiophile Cables
« Reply #4 on: 25 May 2011, 02:04 am »
  The AudioSyndrome Club would like to thank Dave for allowing us to audition the Buss along with powercord. As well as the Digital powercord.
  As a tst of all tests we hooked up the Magik Buss to a 100foot Home depot extention cord for the outdoor system [ Lector CDP, AR Classic 60 Amp, Mapleshade custom passive Pre and Heco Horn 4302 speakers].
 Well well, well. Instantly the sound was quiterer, cleaner and more dynamic. No thinning of body, no bright topend, no forward soundstage, NADA, just better all around. The Bass fuggetaboutit. Focused and tighter.
  When we brought the Lector indoors to play with the Tannoys and Melody integrated 300B adding  Daves Digital PC made the Lector sing.
  So our feeling about the Majik Buss is quite favorable. An affective product worth trying. Now wondering what the Uberbuss can do. Hint, hint.

This week both the Magik Buss and PC will grace my abode and see how it fares with my reference Omega Mikro active PC. Right now I believe the Maplshade has met its match. Very well done sir and thanks for sharing your product with us.

charles
 audiosyndrome
president

A huge thanks to Dave! Your Rev. B buss was a super hit and sounded phenomenal!   :thumb: Your non-grounded 14 gauge power cable was used exclusively on the digital front ends (ONIX, Lector & Philips SACD) and really rocked! Real nice sound. We didn't have any sources for your Mac Mini cable though with the IEC C7 plug... bummer  :duh:

Before the mob arrived (~ 75 audiophiles), I had a chance to personally audition your Rev. B Buss on my SET monoblocks. I can honestly say that this is the first "power conditioner" that did not rob any of the dynamics away from my Western Electric 300B's. It did no harm; in fact, it improved the soundstage, made things quieter. Noises and other nasty anomalies that aren't normally detected, appeared to be removed. Dynamics appeared to be improved!!

Bravo, Dave, bravo! ...and a sincere THANK YOU!!!

Warmest regards,
Pete

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #5 on: 25 May 2011, 02:28 am »
A huge thanks to Dave! Your Rev. B buss was a super hit and sounded phenomenal!   :thumb: Your non-grounded 14 gauge power cable was used exclusively on the digital front ends (ONIX, Lector & Philips SACD) and really rocked! Real nice sound. We didn't have any sources for your Mac Mini cable though with the IEC C7 plug... bummer  :duh:

Before the mob arrived (~ 75 audiophiles), I had a chance to personally audition your Rev. B Buss on my SET monoblocks. I can honestly say that this is the first "power conditioner" that did not rob any of the dynamics away from my Western Electric 300B's. It did no harm; in fact, it improved the soundstage, made things quieter. Noises and other nasty anomalies that aren't normally detected, appeared to be removed. Dynamics appeared to be improved!!

Bravo, Dave, bravo! ...and a sincere THANK YOU!!!

Warmest regards,
Pete
Pete, thanks for the kudos.  I really appreciate the kind words, especially from an industry good guy like you.

Yep, the BUSSes are not the power constrictors that we were used to, huh?  I worked hard on that part.

Enjoy.

Dave

woofersus

• Industry Participant
  • Authorized Dealer: Melody & Angel City Audio
    • East Street Audio
« Reply #6 on: 27 May 2011, 12:01 am »
Just noticed this thread.  It was great to finally get to try out a MajikBUSS, and with my own equipment since I was showing it at the gtg. (Melody AN300B / ACA Trinity's / Onix CDP)  As Pete said, the most important thing it did was to stay out of the way and let the music through.  And since I was having some minor noise issues here on my own power grid, I definitely noticed the difference.  Great product!

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #7 on: 27 May 2011, 12:11 am »
Just noticed this thread.  It was great to finally get to try out a MajikBUSS, and with my own equipment since I was showing it at the gtg. (Melody AN300B / ACA Trinity's / Onix CDP)  As Pete said, the most important thing it did was to stay out of the way and let the music through.  And since I was having some minor noise issues here on my own power grid, I definitely noticed the difference.  Great product!
:thumb:  Thanks!!!

Dave

rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #8 on: 27 May 2011, 02:16 pm »
  Well the RB29 is in da house. First went in PIA Digital PC. Replaced an Omega Mikro. So far a fuller and more open presentation. I could detect NO HARM, just more info. No loss of dynamics. Again neutral. My only creveat is the topend. [  I'm bad], I believe it needs a bit more playing time. I have yet to meet a PC that did not require at least 200 hours to sound its best.
   OK I plug in the DB29. Now my system is quiet, so I thought. OMG dead dead quite. the first thing that struck me like a tractor trailer was the bass. Dynamic as heck with weight. I love weight.
   Basically no harm is done just more. I cannot give a better compliment than that. It doeswhat it is supposed to do. Creates a dead quite background with more info available. Period.
  To date not one power conditioner was to my liking other than several Alan Maher CBFs at the panel.  I now have a reference to judge ALL others. can only wonder what an Uberbuss could do oh my!!!

charles

Hugh

• Industry Participant
    • Angel City Audio
« Reply #9 on: 27 May 2011, 02:25 pm »
Well,

After following when Danny first started originally and talking to others, I am seriously intrigued about this product.

We'll need to talk Dave. :)

I'd like to give this a try.

Thanks,

StereoNut

« Reply #10 on: 27 May 2011, 02:47 pm »
Dumb???  What's a RB29 & DB29?  Thanks!

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #11 on: 27 May 2011, 03:15 pm »
  Well the RB29 is in da house. First went in PIA Digital PC. Replaced an Omega Mikro. So far a fuller and more open presentation. I could detect NO HARM, just more info. No loss of dynamics. Again neutral. My only creveat is the topend. [  I'm bad], I believe it needs a bit more playing time. I have yet to meet a PC that did not require at least 200 hours to sound its best.
   OK I plug in the RB29. Now my system is quiet, so I thought. OMG dead dead quite. the first thing that struck me like a tractor trailer was the bass. Dynamic as heck with weight. I love weight.
   Basically no harm is done just more. I cannot give a better compliment than that. It doeswhat it is supposed to do. Creates a dead quite background with more info available. Period.
  To date not one power conditioner was to my liking other than several Alan Maher CBFs at the panel.  I now have a reference to judge ALL others. can only wonder what an Uberbuss could do oh my!!!

harles
Charles, the Uber is considerably quieter.  The difference between the RevB and the Uber is in the EMI/RFI brick.  The Ubers' is over twice the mass and that makes a big difference.  Noise is an interesting thing - you really don't grok how much was there until it isn't.

You are absolutely correct on the power cable.  Here is an excerpt from the info sheet that accompanies the cabling:

"The dielectrics used in these cables require extended break-in periods to properly bias (form) the material.  This period can exceed 100 hours of continuous operation to fully form the dielectric.  Please be patient.  The first 4 hours are the most important for proper break-in.  Operate this cable continuously during this short period.  Failure to do so may result in an even longer period for the sonic characterists to settle.  The cable may initailly have a slight to moderate bright, brittle sound on some instruments and female voice.  This is normal and characteristic of the Teflon and polyethelene dielectrics used in these cables.  This signature will subside during the first six to eight hours of operation.  You will find the sonic characteristcs will be very good after the first ten to twelve hours and continue to improve over the next 80 to 100 hours until final break-in has been accomplished."

Again, thanks for the update and by all means, enjoy!

Dave

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #12 on: 27 May 2011, 03:16 pm »
Dumb???  What's a RB29 & DB29?  Thanks!
You ain't dumb.  :D  RB29 is the serial number of the RevB Charles has.  DB29 is a typo, I think.

Dave

TomS

« Reply #13 on: 27 May 2011, 03:25 pm »
You ain't dumb.  :D  RB29 is the serial number of the RevB Charles has.  DB29 is a typo, I think.

Dave
I wondered too whether this was some kind of R2D2 secret mutant power cord or something sourced from Area 51.

Plugging the fridge into the Buss for the first day or so seems to make some sense too. I did that for a week with the Sound Application RLS I had long ago.

StereoNut

« Reply #14 on: 27 May 2011, 03:27 pm »
Dave

Thanks, Dave!  I feel better now!  ;-) 

Considering Charles comment "...can only wonder what an Uberbuss could do", I am taking for granted (which is usually not a good idea) the serial# RB29 he refers to is a RevB Majik Buss? 

Please advise/confirm.

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #15 on: 27 May 2011, 03:35 pm »
Plugging the fridge into the Buss for the first day or so seems to make some sense too. I did that for a week with the Sound Application RLS I had long ago.

Why would you want to expose the slick meat to a noisy compressor though when you take it out?   :lol:

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #16 on: 27 May 2011, 03:40 pm »
Thanks, Dave!  I feel better now!  ;-) 

Considering Charles comment "...can only wonder what an Uberbuss could do", I am taking for granted (which is usually not a good idea) the serial# RB29 he refers to is a RevB Majik Buss? 

Please advise/confirm.
Correct in your assumptions.  The original MajikBUSS was discontinued last year.  The RevB is a considerably more effective device at only a little (if $150.00 is "a little"  :roll: ) more money.

I discontinued the Majik for two reasons:  the quality of the surface mount quad receptacle was declining (low contact pressure IMO) and I was selling about 90% Ubers and 10% Majiks.  I felt that is was imperative to have a lower priced unit that performed to my standards and the RevB is the result of this.

Dave

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #17 on: 27 May 2011, 03:43 pm »
I wondered too whether this was some kind of R2D2 secret mutant power cord or something sourced from Area 51.

It'll work great on your Uber, too.  :thumb:

Nobody is supposed to know about the "stuff" that I source from area 51.  Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!   :nono:

Dave

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #18 on: 27 May 2011, 03:45 pm »
Why would you want to expose the slick meat to a noisy compressor though when you take it out?   :lol:
:rotflmao:

rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #19 on: 28 May 2011, 01:47 pm »

Dave

Details, details,  details. :wink:  It is a RevB and yes that is the number on the back. Actually for me the least I know about a product the better for me. No preconditioning of attributes or nuttin for me. In it goes give for a listen and then I read up on the piece. When a review is available it is read after my audition.
  So sorry if I got you guys confused.
 :thumb:

charles