the "C" series: when did it start?

Foolish Pleasure

the "C" series: when did it start?
« on: 22 May 2011, 10:00 pm »
I'm just a little confused about exactly when the "C" series models began.  Are all the SST2 models also "C" series models?  Or, if the "C" series began after the SST2 models were introduced, what denotes the changeover, a serial number, a manufacture date?

The 4B SST2 and the 14B SST2 are the models I'm particularly interested in.

Lastly, one audiophile said it was only the faceplate that changed.  The Bryston site sort of implies that the extent of the "C" changes implemented, were based on what the models were.

Thanks in advance for your clarification.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
Re: the "C" series: when did it start?
« Reply #1 on: 23 May 2011, 09:13 pm »
I'm just a little confused about exactly when the "C" series models began.  Are all the SST2 models also "C" series models?  Or, if the "C" series began after the SST2 models were introduced, what denotes the changeover, a serial number, a manufacture date?

The 4B SST2 and the 14B SST2 are the models I'm particularly interested in.

Lastly, one audiophile said it was only the faceplate that changed.  The Bryston site sort of implies that the extent of the "C" changes implemented, were based on what the models were.

Thanks in advance for your clarification.

Hi

The serial number is best to differentiate models within the SST2 series as depending on the model some transformer changes and capacitor changes were implemented. The C Series with the 45 degree bevel around the faceplate are the most recent versions. Previous versions of the SST2 just had the bevel on the top and bottom of the faceplate.

Hope this helps.

James