Creating a panoramic picture in Photoshop

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
Creating a panoramic picture in Photoshop
« on: 12 May 2011, 12:15 am »
This is my first attempt at creating a panoramic shot in Photoshop and I am looking for some feedback.  Below the panoramic picture are the individual pics that I used to create it.  These photos were taken last week while my wife and I vacationed in St. Lucia.

George

Panoramic Picture

Link to the full blown picture:

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/JXYq1UQLiO2WHzjS5jCBNpLoC7KPFvwrHv2SrLNiSrg?feat=directlink

Individual Pictures

Pez

Re: Creating a panoramic picture in Photoshop
« Reply #1 on: 12 May 2011, 12:19 am »
Here's a tip, keeping taking magnificent pictures like this. Breath taking my friend.  :thumb:

Honestly I don't see any seams or nuttin'!

zybar

• Volunteer
« Reply #2 on: 12 May 2011, 12:21 am »
Here's a tip, keeping taking magnificent pictures like this. Breath taking my friend.  :thumb:

Honestly I don't see any seams or nuttin'!

Thanks Pez.

I still suck as a photographer, but with digital, I just snap away and figure that there will be something decent among the mess.   :lol:

I'll start another thread in the next few days with a few of what I think are my better pics from the trip.

George

Photon46

« Reply #3 on: 12 May 2011, 12:59 am »
This kind of landscape composition transcends being an ordinary shot when the lighting is special. Which means, get up early for dawn or be there when the evening light is beautiful. Your basic compositional instincts are good. Making good landscape photos requires luck, timing, and knowledge of when light will show a subject to best advantage. Keep at it, a good start.

jqp

• Volunteer
  • Each CD lovingly placed in the nOrh CD-1
« Reply #4 on: 12 May 2011, 01:11 am »
Wow great job.

Now I want to go on a tropical vacation!

zybar

• Volunteer
« Reply #5 on: 12 May 2011, 01:12 am »
This kind of landscape composition transcends being an ordinary shot when the lighting is special. Which means, get up early for dawn or be there when the evening light is beautiful. Your basic compositional instincts are good. Making good landscape photos requires luck, timing, and knowledge of when light will show a subject to best advantage. Keep at it, a good start.

Great advice!

I tried to do this with a few of these pics I took at sunrise:

George