Spinal Cord Stimulation-SCS, anybody using one of these gadgets??

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
I started getting some advice from pain management guys after they saw my EMNG tests of both arms and legs and well, I'm boned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL....looks like I might be modding a wheelchair a bit sooner than expected and one thing they were starting to talk about was SCS-Spinal Cord Stimulation, this is purely an attempt to control the pain at this point not cure anything so as a method of pain relief does anybody use one?? If so can we chat??
 For folks just reading this its a little gadget I would wear on my belt that would attach to a cord that is permanently embedded surgically into my spine and I guess sends low level current into my spine that is used to block pain??
 Haven't read the info on it yet, thought I'd see if anybody here uses one, if so what for? does it work?
 Thanks

rodge827

Hi Ed,
A golfing friend of mine had a SCS implant done and it has helped with his pain. He still takes a few pain meds daily, but the implant has helped to reduce his need for them.
Chris

nathanm

My grandpa had that done.  At first it didn't work too well, so we replaced the wires with cryo-treated, silver braided interconnects and added Shun Mook cable lifters.  Now he's pain free and can go back to caber tossing again!

Mikeinsacramento

My grandpa had that done.  At first it didn't work too well, so we replaced the wires with cryo-treated, silver braided interconnects and added Shun Mook cable lifters.  Now he's pain free and can go back to caber tossing again!

LMAO!!!  No offense, eclein :wink:

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
Is that how you spell caber?? or is it caper.....I'll find out and no offense taken if we can't laugh the alternative just sucks.

nonoise

• A republic, if you can keep it.
Sorry to hear about your back. Makes the bone spur on my shoulder and the cortisone shot I got today seem like kids play.
From what I just read, it's done on an outpatient basis and the electrical field generates parethesia, making it all feel like a pleasing tingling sensation. About 80% of those who use it feel about half the pain they used to which reduced the amount of pain meds.
Best of luck on that.