vmps rm 30 / 40 upgrades

hum4god

vmps rm 30 / 40 upgrades
« on: 2 Apr 2004, 11:38 pm »
hi
this is my first thread and i want to thank everybody for there previous posts here.it really helped me a lot.
 being new in this hobby needing speakers for my mf nu vista integrated i just looked at the vmps rm 30/40 and read a lot about the upgrades.
as an opera singer i have a lot of confidence in my ears but do not know very much about the technical side.my musical taste though is not limited on opera at all but includes rock alternative techno....
i have heard of the auricaps and the trt capacitors. what are they,what do they do?and what do they do better than the original?
i would also like to know what difference the fst tweeter compared to the old tweeter makes.what about the woofer upgrade for the rm30?how much does it cost,is it available?
is there anyone in the state of wisconsin who owns a pair of rm30/40 and offers a listen?
god bless you
malcolm

John B

vmps rm 30 / 40 upgrades
« Reply #1 on: 2 Apr 2004, 11:52 pm »
Hum4god,

When I was researching my 626R upgrade possibilities, I came across this site http://www.altavistaaudio.com/caps.html which helped me decide on going for the TRT cap upgrade.

John Casler

Re: vmps rm 30 / 40 upgrades
« Reply #2 on: 3 Apr 2004, 01:14 am »
Quote from: hum4god
hi
this is my first thread and i want to thank everybody for there posts here.it really helped me a lot.
 being new in this hobby needing speakers for my mf nu vista integrated i just looked at the vmps rm 30/40 and read a lot about the upgrades.
as an opera singer i have a lot of confidence in my ears but do not know very much about the technical side
i have heard of the auricaps and the trt capacitors. what are they,what do they do?and what do they do better than the original?
i would also like to kn ...

Hello HFG,

and welcome to the VMPS circle.

We have a couple opera singers who have elected to go VMPS in their speaker choice.

As far as the upgrades, in the RM30/40 series the TRTs. the FST, and the the Silver Wiring options are great options and each adds those small subtle layers of detail and resolution we all crave.

It is hard to go wrong with either speaker since in their "stock" form they are world class price/performance champions, but by selecting the options mentioned above you move into a "high performance" arena that has to be heard to truly be appreciated.

With a good front end and a little set up and tweaking, you can enjoy some operatic performances that are truly incredible.

While not an opera buff myself, I have had several clients in to listen, who brought along various opera cuts that are truly lifelike and incredible in their soundstaging.

In some operas I found that sitting in the sweet spot, you could actually hear how each performer moved around the stage and in some cases even which way they were facing as they sang.

Maybe "SoundGuy3" will drop in and mention how he is doing with his RM40s (another Opera Singer who Brian actually visited and heard in New York ---was it at the Met???)