Hornfest 2011, This Weekend! Leesville, SC, May 6-8, 2011

Cheerwino

Hornfest, Leesville, SC, May 6-8, 2011

Ed Schilling is hosting the annual Hornfest 2011 at his place outside Columbia, South Carolina May 6-8, 2011. No reservations are necessary, just drop by and stay as long as you like. As I said last year, Hornfest is a redneck audio gathering and not a sales event.

It's possible Jim Dowdy (“The Dowdy Llama”) will bringing his amazing $30k GM70 tube amp [TBD]. That alone is worth the price of admission (which is free, after all). In addition to The Horn speakers, Ed's Truth preamp will be on hand for testing as well as his current "amp crush", Transcendent Sound's "Beast" amplifier. The reclusive and mysterious "Buzz" of Greenvalve Audio will be bringing his modded Grounded Grid preamp (w/LDR volume control) and his Eastern Electric DAC modded to what he calls the "Lightsabre DAC". I'll have my recently upgraded First Watt F1J. And that's just the stuff I know about. Feel free to bring your own speakers, amps, sources and music -- or just yourself.

There will be food, drink and friendly people from all over (some folks fly in or drive from several states away). Bring a tent to camp on the lawn, crash in your car (I've heard tell there's a local motel for you discerning folk :icon_lol:). All are invited, no RSVP needed. Kid’s and womenfolk welcome, too!

For background, Ed designed and builds a single-driver, rear loaded horn speaker through his business, The Horn Shoppe. He recently added a buffered preamp dubbed The Truth. Love him or loathe him (or his speakers), Ed puts on a good party.

Stop by if you can.

460 Laura Brodie Rd.
Leesville, SC 29070

More info can be found at this thread or call Ed at 803-657-5178

buzz

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
Re: Hornfest 2011, This Weekend! Leesville, SC, May 6-8, 2011
« Reply #2 on: 8 May 2011, 09:10 pm »
I'm sorry I missed it.   :(  Maybe next year...

richidoo

« Reply #3 on: 11 May 2011, 10:16 pm »
Looks like a fun time, nice gear!! Sounds pretty good through my laptop speakers...

Thanks for the invitation, btw
Rich

poseidonsvoice

• Science is not a democracy - Earl Geddes
    • 2 channel/7 channel setup
« Reply #4 on: 13 May 2011, 12:24 pm »
I would love to hear more impressions, especially with what attendees thought of Ed's Transcendent Beast amplifier, relative to anything else they have heard.

Thanks!

Anand.