off topic: equipment racks

kriton

• Lurkus Professionalis
Re: off topic: equipment racks
« Reply #20 on: 14 May 2011, 03:56 am »
Hey, I couldn't help but read this thread, and I have had the same problem with finding rack - I used Ikea too, but I purchased the kitchen island here - little more money when put together though, http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S79843465 - the stainless makes it heavy, the legs are hollow and probably could be filled with sand - the feet are screwed in and adjustable, so you could probably fit spikes in the screw holes (under the fascia collars) and it looks killer.

Also, here is something I tried and really like that you might want to look into - a gentleman on another site mentioned that he worked for a winery in California, and that he had access to bunches of wine cask bungs, made of silicone that he thought might be great vibration insulating feet - well the price was right (like a little over a buck a piece) - so I had him send me a few - they are just over 2 1/8" tapered to 1 3/4", 1 and 3/4" high, made out of white silicone (so they won't mar like black rubber) and they smell like white zin - I have them under four tube amps, and my turntable, and they work like a charm and I think they have helped vibration a great deal...PM me if you want to get in touch with the guy, he seems to be very cool, fast shipping with no problems - I think he could market these things with no problems!

B

This photo is an old image from last year, but you can see the silicone bungs under the turntable and the Jolida CD player - I have them under pretty much everything now - they were perfect for the Dynacos...