For sale: TwinDAC+ with Battery Management System (BMS)

anubisgrau

For sale is one of the best ever built DACs - battery powered, transformer coupled TwinDAC+ with SPDIF, optical and USB inputs.

$1700 or near offer.

the RRP is 3700 euros plus shipping and duties/tax.

amazing sound. you have to hear it. the closest to vinyl i've ever got - and i've had plenty of DACs like altmann attraction, m2tech young etc.

i'm in europe but on 8 may i will leave for boston and NYC so i can take it with me to save the overseas shipping costs. this ain't light due to battery stacks. approx 30lb.

the reason was sale is i have far too many components lying around in my room so they have to go.

anubisgrau

Re: For sale: TwinDAC+ with Battery Management System (BMS)
« Reply #1 on: 4 May 2011, 08:22 am »

Industry leading, unique twin converter-based, multi-bit, digital-to-analogue converter
The TwinDAC+ provides extremely realistic and naturally full-bodied sound. It handles music of all kinds, whether simple or complex, in a stress free manner with excellent separation of instruments. The TwinDAC+ couples clean, powerful bass and sweet highs with natural rendition of timbre, low-level details and the fine nuances of voices and instruments. The result is a rich, varied and lifelike musical atmosphere in which performers and their music truly shine through.

Multi-bit digital to analog converter: Twin based multi-bit converter, Bi-transformer design for I/V conversion and amplification, no analog and no digital filter, ultra low jitter 100 Mhz reclocker, internal AC power supply with Black Gate NX Super E-cap section, high performance digital input transformer, Black Gate NX caps throughout. Prepared for optional luxury B.M.S. battery power supply. Digital Input: Coaxial RCA ( XLR-balanced on request ) and USB 2.0 Analog Output: Output impedance: 2.5kohm, maximum output voltage: 0.8V (peak), minimum load: > 50kohm.