New preamplifier needed

modular747

Re: New preamplifier needed
« Reply #40 on: 3 May 2011, 06:09 pm »
It appears as if you guys are acting like fanboys and taunting folks to come fight on your turf.  That's what it looks like from the outside. 

So, you're idea of "taunting" is asking for documentation of a completely unsupported critical remark. 

"Fanboys"... From the "outside", it actually looks like a natural and rational reaction to a troll (since you're into name-calling, as opposed to posting facts).

trebejo

« Reply #41 on: 3 May 2011, 09:54 pm »
It appears as if you guys are acting like fanboys and taunting folks to come fight on your turf.  That's what it looks like from the outside.  Not sure anyone is comfortable doing that. 

Now come on Machine, if the guy has over 4,000 posts, he knows when he's taunting and he was the one that was taunting. On his first post, he blows us all off and tells the dude to go somewhere else, before anyone had had a chance to make a fanboy of hisself in front of everyone. Then several posts later Frank had just given a bunch of details that you hardly get anywhere else and for just his second post in this thread he just ignored all that good info and made an unsubstantiated smartass putdown. Clearly the guy wants us all to shut up and say nothing good about Frank's preamps, but that's an unlikely outcome.

But it's no big deal, he can just say that he made a mistake and nobody will care... or he can provide the list and teach us all a lesson that we must be desperately needing, being so ignorant and ornery and all...

The original poster has already received the same advice several times in this thread, get one of each and keep the one you like! Surely it is inaccurate to paint that as fanboyism.

Anyway, I don't mind admitting that I'm a fan (too old to be a boy :nono:) of anybody that makes a great stereo, is honest, explains things, does not overcharge and fairly services busted ol' units. Looks like Frank fits the description with room to spare, now you can be a fan too.  :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

robinje

« Reply #42 on: 17 May 2011, 05:32 pm »
T8+ with phono ordered   :D

AVnerdguy

« Reply #43 on: 17 May 2011, 05:40 pm »

Outstanding! Now the hard part - the waiting for it to be completed. Drove me nutz BUT was definately worth it.

mathgeek97

« Reply #44 on: 17 May 2011, 05:48 pm »

Good choice!  I *heart* my T8+ (no phono, but with remote).

trackball02

« Reply #45 on: 17 May 2011, 07:13 pm »
robinje,  Great choice especially with phono. I just hooked my turntable into my Avastar with phono for the first time last night. Glorious sound, very quiet, dynamic and just perfect. I couldn’t be happier. I'm sold on vinyl. I'm sure you will have similar experiences with your T8+.

pansixt

« Reply #46 on: 17 May 2011, 11:45 pm »

Anyway, I don't mind admitting that I'm a fan (too old to be a boy :nono:) of anybody that makes a great stereo, is honest, explains things, does not overcharge and fairly services busted ol' units. Looks like Frank fits the description with room to spare, now you can be a fan too.  :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

AMEN

I came close to getting a CJ. I drive by their shop a couple times a week.
But my next preamp will be from Minnesota.
The more I listen to my Vision DAC, the more of a fan I am.
James

pansixt

« Reply #47 on: 21 May 2011, 01:31 am »
Track,

You have the Ultravalve and the AVAStar?
I hate you.
I will send my virgin ST70 to Frank for the upgrade.
The T8 or AVAStar will be next. I can't believe I'm retiring the McIntosh.
Well, Hell, we move on in life. Laissez les bons temp rouler.

trackball02

« Reply #48 on: 21 May 2011, 08:13 pm »
pansixt,
Yes, I have both and loving it. Got them less than 4 months ago. This is my first time owning tube equipment. No complaints and great value for the dollar. I can't see upgrading for a very very long time.

mark funk

« Reply #49 on: 27 May 2011, 03:55 pm »
               I guess I was right about never. You know talk is cheep.

:smoke:

robinje

« Reply #50 on: 30 May 2011, 02:21 am »
New T8+ picked up and inserted into system. It is AWESOME. Now, the trilogy is complete...  T8+, Vision Dac, and Ultra 350+ double die feed my Salk HT2-TL speakers. I've now got to get my vinyl source up and running (SOTA Nova with SME 309). I was concerned that the T8+ would lack dynamics I demand for the rock I like, but no worries in that regard.  It's all there with ample tight bass and clean/clear highs. Midrange is perfect!  I'm very, very pleased. The first three Wire albums were my initial audition material. I'll try some mellow acoustic stuff. It's gonna be a late night. I can't stop listening. Thanks, Frank!!!

robinje

« Reply #51 on: 30 May 2011, 02:41 am »
Tame Impala is blowing my mind through the T8+.  'Innerspeaker' is a great system evaluation album, as well as a great album anyway.

Kinger

« Reply #52 on: 30 May 2011, 02:48 am »
Glad you are loving the T8.  Have had mine for about a month now and it still continues to wow me.

martyo

« Reply #53 on: 30 May 2011, 08:59 am »
New T8+ picked up and inserted into system. It is AWESOME. Now, the trilogy is complete...  T8+, Vision Dac, and Ultra 350+ double die feed my Salk HT2-TL speakers. I've now got to get my vinyl source up and running (SOTA Nova with SME 309). I was concerned that the T8+ would lack dynamics I demand for the rock I like, but no worries in that regard.  It's all there with ample tight bass and clean/clear highs. Midrange is perfect!  I'm very, very pleased. The first three Wire albums were my initial audition material. I'll try some mellow acoustic stuff. It's gonna be a late night. I can't stop listening. Thanks, Frank!!!

Awesome :thumb:

simon wagstaff

« Reply #54 on: 30 May 2011, 12:59 pm »
Track,

You have the Ultravalve and the AVAStar?
I hate you.
I will send my virgin ST70 to Frank for the upgrade.
The T8 or AVAStar will be next. I can't believe I'm retiring the McIntosh.
Well, Hell, we move on in life. Laissez les bons temp rouler.

I love my U70, you will be very happy I think.