Azimuth Stability on new Well Tempereds

SteveFord

• Volunteer
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
Azimuth Stability on new Well Tempereds
« on: 18 Apr 2011, 11:38 pm »
My old Classic has started azimuth drift once again, dag nab it.
Every time that I go to use the turntable I have to readjust it.
Does it hold steady from day to day on the newer ones?

threadkiller

Re: Azimuth Stability on new Well Tempereds
« Reply #1 on: 19 Apr 2011, 03:46 pm »
Hi Steve,
something has to be wrong somewhere....I had a classic for years with no problems at all.  And definitely not a sympton with the Amadeus.   Wish you could bring your table for a visit.

SteveFord

• Volunteer
« Reply #2 on: 19 Apr 2011, 10:02 pm »
There's slop in the fishing line so you can move the adjustment knob back and forth a few degrees before it'll pick up the slack.  It's almost like the line needs another turn around the shaft?
I just dropped stanalog a line so perhaps I can get this squared away (pardon the pun).

threadkiller

« Reply #3 on: 19 Apr 2011, 11:48 pm »
Steve,
your first sentence showed your problem. No matter where your paddle is in the cup/goo, there should always be tension on it, or the slack out.
Stanalog is pointless.  Try Mike at Toffco.

cadet30

« Reply #4 on: 11 Oct 2011, 01:09 am »
Steve,
Sounds like the set screw that tensions the azimuth knob is loose. Use a small screwdriver to tighten. It tightens from the back right behind the knob.   

SteveFord

• Volunteer
« Reply #5 on: 20 Nov 2011, 06:26 pm »
I fixed it or rather it fixed itself.
I decided to (once again) see if I couldn't get the tracking weight spot on and I loosened the screw which holds on the counterweight.
The arm went, "Sproing!!!", it flipped up in the air and twisted itself way the hell to the right.  It was a WTF moment for sure.
Once I got the infernal contraption back under control I tightened up the counterweight's set screw and there is now proper tension on the fishing line and the azimuth stays true.
I have no idea what the problem was but it came that way from the factory.  I bought it brand-y new, unused in the box a few years back.