silk purse part 3 conclusions

rlw3

silk purse part 3 conclusions
« on: 15 Apr 2011, 10:41 pm »
things that didn't seem to work 1- i tried 2 Q7s on each side and at the reflection points they pulled the sound to the sidewalls. at other positions they were phasey maybe-very unnatural. this could be because of room narrowness. they seemed very powerful. putting bass traps in the corner  near the door behind the listening position did nothing. too much trapping behind speakers deadened sound too much.   
   So go slow a few changes at a time so you can get used to them. Move them around all kinds of different positions- your ears will become educated. Now that the room has gone from a 2 to a 7 i can work on positioning the speakers better which may cause me to shift everything on the sidewalls in response. Oh well........                       

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
Re: silk purse part 3 conclusions
« Reply #1 on: 16 Apr 2011, 12:44 am »
A 3 part topic in which you feel the need to make 3 seperate threads was not only a waste of time but a really stupid way to get your point across. That's why I didn't bother reading all 3 threads but I did take the time to express my thoughts in your conclusiion thread.  :roll:

You would have been much better served to have put all three posts into 1 thread,,, it might have actually been worth reading.  :dunno: 

Cheers,
Robin

rlw3

Re: silk purse part 3 conclusions
« Reply #2 on: 16 Apr 2011, 02:50 am »
the reason there were 3 posts was that the screen filled up and i did not know make it into your one post. thank you for your most charitable post.