eustachian tube dysfunction

Pez

eustachian tube dysfunction
« on: 13 Apr 2011, 02:07 pm »
About a month and a half ago I got a pretty nasty cold and as a result I also got  bronchitis and sinusitis which I had for the better part of a month.  :cry: After all that I noticed in my left ear a low frequency rushing swooshing sound constantly. It would come and go, but when I have it it's so loud that I have to wear an ear plug in that ear otherwise the sound is so loud it makes my ear hurt.

I went in to the ENT doctor freaking out that I was losing my hearing last week and after doing a hearing test she told me first that my hearing is still good, but I have something called eustachian tube dysfunction. It's an apparently temporary condition often times resulting from ear infection or nasal infection. The cause is the muscle that opens your eustachian tube is spasming and causes the sound, at least in my case. Some people experience dizziness And pain.

Lately it's been a lof better, but days like yesterday are frustrating when it's so loud I basically can't hear out of my left ear in any usable way. For an audionut this is cause for much grief. I'm so glad it's not permanent, because the prospect of not hearing permanently is quite a bummer. Can't wait for it to go away.

Anyone else experience this or other types of he hearing loss?

richidoo

Re: eustachian tube dysfunction
« Reply #1 on: 13 Apr 2011, 02:43 pm »
http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/store/en/browse/sku_detail.jsp?id=SH-7035

Biochemic cell salt called Kali Muriaticum 6x will cure it. It is potassium chloride diluted 1,000,000 to 1 with sugar.

Google "cell salt eustachian tube," or "kali mur ears," etc, to learn more. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biochemic_cell_salts

Hope you feel better soon Pez
Rich

a1p1

« Reply #2 on: 13 Apr 2011, 04:39 pm »
For short term Eustachian tube dysfunction, I try doing a Valsalva maneuver several times throughout the day.  This will force the Eustachian tube open.  I'd also take ibuprofen (I do 600mg twice a day) to reduce inflammation of the Eustachian tube.  I will also shoot some Afrin up my nose a couple times a day.  These three easy treatments are frequently recommended by otolarygologists for relatively minor Eustachian tube dysfunction. 

Pez

« Reply #3 on: 14 Apr 2011, 01:08 am »
Ugh today it's really really bad. Very frustrating. I'm going to try some of those suggestions.