Audio Show e.g. Rocky Mountain Audio Fest

ttan98

Audio Show e.g. Rocky Mountain Audio Fest
« on: 10 Apr 2011, 11:27 am »
Hi,

I am an Australian thinking of attending a Premier Audio Show in the US, as far as I know the Rocky Mountain Audio Fest attracts many exhibitors all over the States. The State of the Art systems are shown and attractive specials are offered during the show times. Anyone who has good experience and knowledge about Hi-Fi show can advise me if this is true. If not please advise me an alternative show. I am not really interested in the CES show.

I further notice there are no dates  planned for this year.  I have written to the organisor and awaiting for a response.

toddbagwell

Re: Audio Show e.g. Rocky Mountain Audio Fest
« Reply #1 on: 10 Apr 2011, 12:58 pm »
Planning on going myself this year  :thumb:

http://audiofest.net/2011/index.php

Todd

bpape

• Industry Participant
  • I am serious and don't call my Shirley
    • Sensible Sound Solutions
« Reply #2 on: 10 Apr 2011, 01:29 pm »
I would agree.  If you're going to come to the states for one show, RMAF is probably the best one.

Bryan

Pez

« Reply #3 on: 10 Apr 2011, 11:36 pm »
Also it's a well known fact that Colorado is the greatest state in the union.  :thumb:

woofersus

• Industry Participant
  • Authorized Dealer: Melody & Angel City Audio
    • East Street Audio
« Reply #4 on: 11 Apr 2011, 01:28 am »
Agreed.  There are other fun shows but RMAF has sort of developed into the single biggest audio event in the country.  If you can only do one, do that one.  It's so big that you'll have to budget your time carefully or miss half the rooms.

Pez

« Reply #5 on: 11 Apr 2011, 01:33 am »
Or don't budget your time and have a blast!!!!!  :guitar: :rock: :drums: :rock: :rock: :guitar:

wywires

« Reply #6 on: 11 Apr 2011, 01:38 am »
RMAF is scheduled for October 14-16, 2011. WyWires will be there with our partners. Another show that will be very good is THE Show in Newport Beach, CA June 2-4. Along with audio there will be a classic car show, a cigar show, wine tasting and round the clock live music. This one is sponsored by Stereophile, TAS and the LAOC Audio Society.

ttan98

« Reply #7 on: 11 Apr 2011, 05:40 am »
Thanks  everyone for the reply I will wait for the organizer to confirm the dates before I book.

mgalusha

« Reply #8 on: 11 Apr 2011, 03:53 pm »
Thanks  everyone for the reply I will wait for the organizer to confirm the dates before I book.

The dates are confirmed, they were set last year when the contract with the Marriott was renewed. Can't say if Marjorie will get back to you soon, she is a very busy lady but the dates on the web site are correct. 

David C

• Don't try and lay no boogie woogie on the king
« Reply #9 on: 11 Apr 2011, 05:04 pm »
Just booked my hotel reservations on site for the 13th thru the 17th and can't wait to attend. It's speaker purchase time. On the current list are classic Audio T1.4s, Wilson sophia 3, Salk soundscapes 10s or HT3 and if JBL is there the array 1400 ..... but you never know :D