Linear Highs & Linear Lows that's where it's at!

Mag

Linear Highs & Linear Lows that's where it's at!
« on: 9 Apr 2011, 11:48 pm »
Someone made the comment, why don't you fix up your room? When the acoustics are good don't #@%! with it, in other words if it ain't broke don't fix it.

In my mancave, I get exceptional linear highs & the low freq. are pretty darn good. Another poster commented that playing music loud wrecks the soundstage. On the contrary, with linear highs, 12 speakers, I need to excite the room. That happens when the spl gets up to the 95+ db range. Depending on the type of music and recording, when I hit the right volume, I get this omni-directional holographic soundscape, that is seamless. Speakers blending together in a wall of sound that replicates in my mind a realistic soundstage like I heard at our local auditorium with the band Blue Rodeo.

What I heard that night was highs that bounce off the walls, bass that had vibe yet didn't dominate the sound spectrum, for a well balanced sound spectrum.

That is the sound I set out to accomplish with home audio, which at the time was badly outclassed by the real thing. With Bryston upgrades amps & dac, & MC speaker setup, home audio can sound very much like the real thing. :smoke: