More 60 Day Home Trials

SteveFord

• Facilitator
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
More 60 Day Home Trials
« on: 9 Apr 2011, 07:58 pm »
I'm not sure if this has been posted elsewhere on this site but Magnepan is offering home trials on not only the MMGs (as usual) but also the MMG-W and MMG-C.
Devious, aren't they?  Like you're going to send them back!
More info can be found on their site www.magnepan.com

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
Re: More 60 Day Home Trials
« Reply #1 on: 9 Apr 2011, 08:01 pm »
Are you paid by Magnepan?  You sure do seem to push their products.

ajzepp

« Reply #2 on: 9 Apr 2011, 11:27 pm »
Are you paid by Magnepan?  You sure do seem to push their products.

This is a planar forum, and a large percentage of the people here either own or are interested in speakers like Magnepans. Steve takes the time to update us on what's going on with the company, as well as his own personal experiences with their products.

Why take issue with that?

SteveFord

• Facilitator
« Reply #3 on: 9 Apr 2011, 11:42 pm »
Am I paid by Magnepan? 
Hah - good luck with that one.
I have owned their products for over 20 years, though. 
The only other large player is Martin Logan and they won't even return phone calls - it's not like I didn't try several times.
Speaking of which, I have to tally the Planar Owner Satisfaction Survey which I posted on a number of sites; it lasted two days on the Martin Logan Forum and then just vanished.  Their products will be under represented as a result, I'm afriad.
The Martin Logan, Apogee, Carver, Sound Labs, etc - all of you guys are more than welcome to post here.

One final thought: I posted this because while everyone knows about the MMG program (which is how I got hooked) this program has just been extended to an entire home theater system.
It's something new that the members might find to be of interest.

rw@cn

« Reply #4 on: 10 Apr 2011, 04:26 pm »
Am I paid by Magnepan? 
Hah - good luck with that one.
I have owned their products for over 20 years, though. 
The only other large player is Martin Logan and they won't even return phone calls - it's not like I didn't try several times.
Speaking of which, I have to tally the Planar Owner Satisfaction Survey which I posted on a number of sites; it lasted two days on the Martin Logan Forum and then just vanished.  Their products will be under represented as a result, I'm afriad.
The Martin Logan, Apogee, Carver, Sound Labs, etc - all of you guys are more than welcome to post here.

One final thought: I posted this because while everyone knows about the MMG program (which is how I got hooked) this program has just been extended to an entire home theater system.
It's something new that the members might find to be of interest.

Steve,

Sorry to differ with you about Martin Logan. Their service department is excellent. Not as good the past year or so but still excellent. I had ML products for about 15 years or so and was always able to get issues resolved quickly and amiably. I am sorry that your experience wasn't the same.

SteveFord

• Facilitator
« Reply #5 on: 10 Apr 2011, 11:37 pm »
I'm glad to hear that their service dept. is on the ball.
I have to run to Philadelphia pretty soon and will make a detour at the Martin Logan dealer in Delaware.  I really want to hear their new speaker which is priced the same as the 1.7. 

This was not set up to be just about Magnepans.

This circle really needs a Martin Logan guy so if anyone out there is bored and knows a lot about Martin Logans, please feel free.

95Dyna

« Reply #6 on: 19 Apr 2011, 02:04 pm »
I'm glad to hear that their service dept. is on the ball.
I have to run to Philadelphia pretty soon and will make a detour at the Martin Logan dealer in Delaware.  I really want to hear their new speaker which is priced the same as the 1.7. 

This was not set up to be just about Magnepans.

This circle really needs a Martin Logan guy so if anyone out there is bored and knows a lot about Martin Logans, please feel free.

Hi Steve,

I assume you're talking about Overture Audio in Wilmington.  They are also a Maggie dealer so you could compare them side by side.  BTW, I just spoke with Tim Lutte at Overture and they have the new 3.7 up and running on the showroom floor.  You could be there all day!  :thumb:

DTB300

« Reply #7 on: 19 Apr 2011, 07:07 pm »
Sorry to differ with you about Martin Logan. Their service department is excellent. Not as good the past year or so but still excellent.
I also agree with this statement...

Melody (or is it Melanie??) has done a great job with support since Jim Powers (main support GURU for MANY years) left the company to retire.  She worked with Jim for many years before his retirement.

Support is what made ML a great company to deal with, and while each company may have some hicups with support, ML is still better than a lot of other companies I have had to deal with.

SteveFord

• Facilitator
« Reply #8 on: 19 Apr 2011, 08:02 pm »
A trip to Wilmington is in order.