Sandwich build mdf box, high gloss laquer

berni

Sandwich build mdf box, high gloss laquer
« on: 9 Apr 2011, 10:28 am »
Here is my work of last year.
Building a rather strange looking box with no parralel side in and outside.The speakers are a MANGER MSW and a modified Scanspeak8" , both active and passive is possible , due to the terminal made also by me.

here the link to the topic to the Slovenian forum(where I am from). go to all pages.
http://www.audio-kontakt.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1047

with regards
Bernard

Letitroll98

• Facilitator
  • Too loud is just right
Re: Sandwich build mdf box, high gloss laquer
« Reply #1 on: 9 Apr 2011, 11:32 am »
Well they are stunningly beautiful.  More like a work of art than speakers.  It looks somewhat smaller than the 19 L marked on the diagram, could you give some technical details?  I went to the website, but I'm ashamed to say my Slovenian is not up to where it should be and I was unable to decipher the text.

berni

« Reply #2 on: 9 Apr 2011, 01:12 pm »
Don'be ashamed :D, I didn't expected anyone could read it. The measurment are in l(liter) and mm(milimeter), my design is similar to the original Manger Zerobox 109 in measurment , only the outer and inner design of the box is very different. The box is made out of 13 sheets of 30mm thick MDF, each CNC milled, glued together and painted(very long process). There is no wall thinner then 35mm, on some places even 2x more.
The aluminium frame is milled out of 50mm thick solid piece of aluminium and covers the hidden spikes. The lines in each direction follow  box.

The MANGER MSW driver is a bending wave transducer capable of 100Hz-20kHz respond.
The Scanspeak is one made for the Manger company.
The passive crossover cut is about 160Hz.

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #3 on: 9 Apr 2011, 03:32 pm »
Very cool looking.  Were these inspired by an earlier design?

berni

« Reply #4 on: 9 Apr 2011, 03:44 pm »
You are the third that noticed this similarity. :green:
the finish

jeffh

« Reply #5 on: 9 Apr 2011, 10:07 pm »
Very cool  :thumb: