Any advantage purchasing Shuguang Treasure tubes while in Beijing?

rockadanny

Anyone know if there is any advantage buying them while in Beijing? If so, where to get them while there?

rbwalt

nope! how are you going to know if they have been tested or not and to what degree. buy them here from a reputable dealer who has tested and graded them. go to ram labs/ music reference and read about tube matching and grading.

if you do buy them there and they turn out to be garbage what are you going to do then? send them back. good luck!

r.

Ericus Rex

Buy a case, then send them to Dr. Cilantro for testing and matching and then sell matched quads to all of us ACers who desperately need them.  You'll come out ahead, price-wise, compared to Grant Fidelity...unless there are lots of duds in the case.  Then put those duds on ebay!

Pez

While your there pick me up a few dozen of these:

You can never get enough iPoods!

rockadanny

Thank you all for your guidance. Sounds like a bad idea then. (It seems I get a least one per day.) Best to deal with a dealer and not take a chance for me. I was also worried about customs, trying to explain what a vacuum tube was and why I needed them. I have a difficult enough time explaining to my family and friends (non-believing audio infadels). :duh: