FS/BO: Theta Data Basic Transport

JoshK

FS/BO: Theta Data Basic Transport
« on: 6 Apr 2011, 04:10 pm »
I bought a Theta Data Basic Transport off a fellow NY raver about a year ago for $275.  However, I buy a lot of used CDs and found that this transport is too finicky.  Too many of my CDs won't play or skip.  I have about a half dozen CDs that are brand new that it won't recognize and errs.   Other CDs it plays just fine.

I really like the ergonomics of the player and the fact that it spins up quickly. It also has AES digital outs that really was a big factor for use with my DEQX.  It just is too finicky for me. 

Like I said I paid $275 and I am sure someone could get some use out of it or have it serviced, so I'll take best offer.  I think I still have the box.

Here is what the original owner had to say about the player:
Theta Digital Data Basic in Black. Overall excellent condition. Faults: 2 very small scratches top of faceplate that are barely noticeable. Can be touched up with a black touch up pen, but I left them as is in the interest of full disclosure. Also, there was a small white outline, on the display, where it marks the IR receiver. That's no longer there as it started to flake off; the rest was gently removed with denatured alcohol. IMHO, it looks cleaner that way.

I have original receipt (in my name), manual, and service tag from 5/2007(Drawer gear was replaced and laser checked and adjusted, so unit should provide many years of trouble free service.), double boxes, original remote and a nice new smaller Phillips remote. I'll also include a free AES/EBU Belden cable. Unit has S/PDIF and AES/EBU outputs. Display is bright and clear.

JoshK

Re: FS/BO: Theta Data Basic Transport
« Reply #1 on: 7 Apr 2011, 06:32 pm »
bump

Chromisdesigns

• Darla, our beach cat, contemplating the sea
    • Fine-gemstones.com
Re: FS/BO: Theta Data Basic Transport
« Reply #2 on: 18 Apr 2011, 01:47 am »
Hey, Josh -- I assume you've done the basic stuff like clean the laser lens, etc.?  Funny I ran across this post, because my old NAD just died, it won't read anything now.  So I am in the market for a used transport.